Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in and around Fresno.
• Head to River Park at 10 a.m. for the kickoff of the inaugural Festival of Trees. Donated by community individuals and businesses, trees will be lavished with gifts and décor and raffled off for $5 per ticket. Proceeds from this event will help provide paid work experience for local survivors of human trafficking.
• Grab a beer and enjoy drink specials at Full Circle Brewing Co.’s Black Friday Hoppy Hour starting at 10 a.m. Yep, 10 a.m.
• It’s the first Zoo Lights of the year at Fresno Chaffee Zoo! For this annual event, which starts at 5 p.m., the entire zoo is transformed into a magical, winter wonderland, fully decorated and strung with miles of holiday lights. Enjoy music, live entertainment, festive treats and beverages for adults and children, and free photos with Santa Claus. Tickets are $5-$9.
• It’s also the first night for Santa Claus Lane in Clovis! Walk or drive the lane. There’s a brand new musical light show, free pics with Santa and Mrs. Claus, and food trucks will be on hand.
• The Last Days of Judas Iscariot will be presented at 7:30 p.m. at the California Arts Academy-Severance Theater. This play is a courtroom drama depicting the fictional trial of Judas Iscariot. Tickets are $10 for students and seniors and $15 for general admission.
• Relax from all that Black Friday shopping with The Double Doors at Fulton 55. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $10-$12. This is a 21+ only show.
• Or take in some surf rock from the Neptunes and grab a beer at Goldstein’s Mortuary & Delicatessen at 9 p.m. No cover.
• Get up early and head to the Vineyard Farmers Market at 7 a.m. for the 17th Annual Holiday Gift & Craft Show featuring local artists and growers.
• Shop in downtown Fresno this Small Business Saturday! Stores and businesses will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Make sure to grab a bite to eat after.
• Handmade Fresno presents Crafts & Cocktails at 11 a.m. at Fulton 55. Shop local vendors and artists and take advantage of Fulton 55’s full bar.
• Chocolate & Posies in Clovis will hold its 8th Annual Holiday Open House from 1 to 4 p.m. Enjoy free pictures with Santa, samples of homemade holiday treats, and a free craft for the kids.
• Touch of Gravy, the local Grateful Dead tribute band, hits the stage at Fulton 55 at 9 p.m. Tickets are $10-$12. This is a 21+ only show.
• Head to Goldstein’s at 10:30 for Patrick Contreras and his Violin on Fire.
• Full Circle Brewing will hold a Variety Hour starting at 11 a.m. This event will showcase local talent.
• Dark Horse: The Music of George Harrison, featuring many of Fresno’s best local performers, will take place at Fulton 55 starting at 7 p.m. This 21+ show is $15.
• John Hacker will headline the Just the Tips comedy show at Grogg’s Irish Pub at 7:30 p.m. The show is free but be sure to bring tip money for the comedian.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.