- What Local Teachers Want You to Know in the Time of COVID19 - April 3, 2020
- Stories from the COVID19 Frontline: What Local Medical Providers Want You to Know - March 26, 2020
- Fresno Restaurants Offering Affordable Family-size Meals - March 24, 2020
In the Fresno and nearby metro surrounding area, there are now three indoor trampoline parks:
- Aerozone is located on Ashlan and Cedar and features multiple rooms of entertainment including specially designated areas intended for use by younger children. A highlight for older kids is the number of dodgeball courts available for play. This park is also the most affordable to visit by the hour.
- Skywalk is located just north of Fresno off of Freeway 41 in Madera. There are some unique, fun features here like a rock-climbing wall and obstacle course in addition to a rope swing over foam pit attraction.
- DEFY is located in Clovis off of Herndon and Peach Avenues and is the newest trampoline park in the area. This park in the priciest of the three, but also offers the most unique variety of activities that I’ve seen and seems to be particularly attractive to older kids.
I recently had the opportunity to check out DEFY for the first time when my son was invited to a birthday party held there. I was really impressed at the expansiveness, organization and fun atmosphere, the helpfulness of the staff and the wide variety of activities and apparatuses available for jumpers to enjoy.
DEFY is national trampoline park chain with locations across the country that first opened in our area last January. To be completely honest – their pricing being higher than the other local trampoline parks was a bit of a deterrent to taking my son previously. However, after visiting I realized it really is quite an exceptional place, and if you take advantage of DEFY’s Monthly Flight Pass options, it makes DEFY an awesome and affordable place to count on for helping kids get their energy out in a healthy way, regardless of the weather outside.
Though Flight Time can be purchased in hourly increments ($16/hour or $24/two hours, or for ages under 6 $12/hour, $21/2 hours), monthly flight passes offer tons of jump time for less than the cost of a one-time two-hour pass.
There are three monthly Flight Club membership levels. For $20/month, you can jump every day for up to 2 hours each day. For $25/month you can jump for as long as you like on weekdays and 2 hours on weekend days. And for $45/month, you can jump for as long as you like, every single day.
DEFY is one of those places that I could describe for you in words, however, it will be much better represented with photos. I snapped quite a few on our recent visit to try to capture the variety of activities available.
As you enter the facility, you walk into a large foyer with computers that allow you to electronically sign safety waivers prior to purchasing jump time at the front cashier’s desk.
Once inside, there is a large lounge area where spectators can relax and observe those jumping in their group. (There is also an upstairs viewing area, however at times it is reserved for private parties). There is a snack bar with lots of food options to enjoy, and it also provides pizza for birthday parties.
There are private party rooms available on the left wall just past the snack bar. Party packages are available at three price points per jumper. More party information can be found here.
The jump space is divided into many sub-spaces each offering different experiences and types of equipment.
I hope you enjoyed my mini photo tour of DEFY in Clovis, and if you’re looking for a great place to jump around (queue Kris Kros Jump in your head now, that’ll be stuck in your head for the rest of the day – sorry, not sorry ;-)) consider checking them out soon, and keep in mind the monthly Flight Passes offer tons of jumping fun for less than a two-hour one-time flight! Enjoy!
DEFY is located at 636 N. Halifax Avenue off of Peach and Herndon in Clovis. For hours of operation, safety information and more visit their website here.