Hey there, Fresno friends! It’s that time of year again – the 2023 Big Fresno Fair kicks off this week, and we have details on all the newest elements of this year’s fair that you have to look forward to! From thrilling horse races to mouthwatering fair food and sensational entertainment, the Big Fresno Fair is always a highlight, and this year’s fair is shaping up to be an unforgettable experience. So, let’s dive into all the details you need to make the most of your visit during this year’s fair run which runs from October 4th to October 15th.
First let’s cover the basics – here’s what you need to know:
- Wed, Oct 4 & Tue, Oct 10: 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Wed, Oct 11 & Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Fri & Sat: 10:00 a.m. – Midnight
- Sun & Mon: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Horse Racing Days/Times
Calling all race enthusiasts! Mark your calendars for October 6th to October 9th and then again from October 13th to October 15th, with post-times set for 1:45 p.m.
Admission and Parking
Fair Admission Prices
- Adults: $12.00
- Children 6-12: $8.00
- Children 5 and under: FREE
- Seniors 62 and over: $8.00
- Military w/Valid Military ID: $8.00
- Chance Avenue Lot: $15.00
- Butler Avenue & Infield Lots: $10.00
- Butler West Lot: $10.00
- Maple/Butler Lot: $10.00
- Cedar/Ventura Lot: $10.00
Visa/Mastercard and cash are accepted for admission AND parking
We’re all about saving you some cash. Take advantage of these special offers:
- Save up to $7 on Unlimited Carnival Ride Wristbands by purchasing them in advance at Save Mart & FoodMaxx (9/6 – 10/15)
- Get a Fair Season Pass for just $40 at any local O’Reilly Auto Parts (9/6 – 10/15)
- Donate at the “Pint for a Pass” Blood Drive with at any Central California Blood Center location (8/29 – 10/14) and get a “Buy One, Get One Free” admission ticket voucher
Plus: Special Days
- Seniors’ Day (10/9): Seniors 62 and BETTER get in free from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Special Interest Day (10/9): Admission is FREE to persons with disabilities and their chaperones from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- “$2 Fans & Followers” Happy Hour Entry (10/10): Connect with the Big Fresno Fair on social media and pay just $2 for entry from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sun-Maid Kids’ Day (10/11): Kids 12 and under get in free with a paid adult admission on this day only
Special Community Events & Traditions Lineup
- 12th Annual 4.0 & Above Program (10/4): Scholarships and prizes for students with a 4.0 GPA or higher will be raffled at 6:30pm (pre-registration was required)
- 12th Annual Big Band Review (10/5): A high-school marching band competition with $20,000 in prizes!
- Beer & Wine Fest (10/7): Enjoy beer and wine, food trucks, and horse racing betting
- Jr. Livestock Auctions (10/7 & 10/14): Support young agriculture students who have worked all year learning and raising livestock through local 4H programs
- Derby Dog Dash (10/14): Watch speedy dogs race to the finish line!
- Gran Jaripeo (10/14): A tradition at the Fair after live racing – a cowboy themed variety show
- Bulldog Stakes Race (10/15): Wear red to honor Fresno State Bulldogs
New Fair Foods
All of your favorite Fresno Fair Foods will be back this year, and there will also be brand new treats to try including:
- Fair-time Fudge: Try Dipped Bananas & Dipped Cheesecake for a sweet treat
- JLQ Agua Fresca (Outside): Stay refreshed with a special Boba Drink
- JLQ Agua Fresca (inside Agriculture Building): Indulge in a Stuffed Oreo Waffle-wich
- Chicken Charlie’s: Dive into Fried S’more on a Stick & Hot Cheetos Potstickers
- Timbo’s: Spice it up with Chamoy Pickles (Sweet or Sweet and Spicy)
This year the Big Fresno Fair is introducing two brand new performers:
- Chef Ray Presents: A produce artist and chef who works magic with the Earth’s bounty.
- Flippenout Extreme Trampoline: North America’s top trampolinists providing heart-pounding entertainment with Olympic-type routines, skis, snowboards, tramp wall, and giant stunts.
This Year’s Paul Paul Theater Concert Lineup
Prepare to be entertained by an incredible lineup of artists, with concerts starting at 7:00 p.m. (Ticket prices are $18-95 depending on the artist and seat, in addition to fair admission, except for Monday, the 9th which is a free concert with fair admission):
- Wednesday, Oct. 4: KMJ’s Big Fresno Fair Kickoff Concert Feat. WAR with special guests Canned Heat and JJ Walker
- Thursday, Oct. 5: En Vogue & Exposé
- Friday, Oct. 6: Carlos Mencia
- Saturday, Oct. 7: Elle King
- Sunday, Oct. 8: Quebradita Fest
- Monday, Oct 9: Hairball (Free with admission)
- Tuesday, Oct. 10: Danny Gokey & Ryan Stevenson
- Wednesday, Oct. 11: Midland
- Thursday, Oct. 12: The Beach Boys
- Friday, Oct. 13: The Offspring
- Saturday, Oct. 14: 2 Chainz
- Sunday, Oct. 15: Ramon Ayala & Los Traileros Del Norte
The 2023 Big Fresno Fair promises an incredible mix of entertainment, food, and fun for the entire family. Grab your tickets, plan your visit, and get ready for eleven days of unforgettable memories. We’ll see you there!
- A Scoop of Nostalgia: Discovering Gelateria del Centro in Downtown Fresno - November 27, 2023
- Fall into Joy: 5 Ways to Discover Seasonal Glimmers in Fresno/Clovis - November 16, 2023
- Unique Finds at Bulldog Square: Discover Fresno’s Newest Boutique Gem - November 9, 2023