Latest posts by FresYes Writing Team (see all)
- 7 Delicious Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes - November 4, 2019
- This Low-Carb Chicken Zoodle Soup Can Heal You From The Inside Out - October 28, 2019
- The Old Fresno Water Tower - August 28, 2019
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in Fresno and beyond.
• Start your weekend with an Opening Reception detailing five new exhibitions at the Fresno Art Museum. Curator talks will start the event at 4 p.m., followed by the reception featuring a no-host bar. Cost is $15 for non-members, free for members.
• There’s a Peach Party at the Old Town Farmers Market in Clovis! From 5:30 to 9 p.m., there will be free samples and cooking demonstrations by the Institute of Technology Culinary Academy. Vendors will create peach dishes for the evening such as peach ice cream, peach salsa, peaches & creme pizza, and peach tamales!
• From 6 to 10 p.m., The Island Water Park hosts “Island After Dark.” Enjoy night slides with the family. All rides open for just $15.99.
• At 7 p.m., hit up ApCal in Madera for a 90s music night featuring the band Flannel. This 21+ event costs $10 in advance, $15 at the gate.
• Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m., check out Children’s Musical Theaterworks’ performance of Once On This Island, an original and theatrical Caribbean adaptation of the popular fairy tale, The Little Mermaid.
• Taylor Phelan and pals will rock Full Circle Brewing Co. starting at 8 p.m. This free show is all ages.
• Revenge tale Kill Bill Vol. 1 hits the big screen once again at the historic Crest Theatre in downtown Fresno. Doors at 7, film starts at 8 p.m. Cost is $5.
• Cash’d Out – The Next Best Thing to Johnny Cash will hit Strummer’s in the Tower District at 8 p.m. Tickets to this all ages show are $12.
• Enjoy a morning in the San Joaquin Parkway and Conservation Trust River Center’s gardens. Gardening Angels is a fun opportunity to spend time with experienced gardeners while enjoying a peaceful morning in the outdoors. Be at the River Center at 8:15 a.m. with gloves and shears. This is a monthly occurrence.
• The Cool Zoo event is happening all day at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo. See your fave animals enjoy icy treats in the Fresno heat. Read more about the event here.
• At 10 a.m. join Dia Yang for Healing Arts & Crafts at the Holistic Cultural and Education Wellness Center. This event happens every second Saturday.
• Drag Queen Story Hour will take place at Starbucks in the Tower District from 11 a.m. to noon. This is an all ages, family-friendly event where local drag queens (and for the first time ever, a drag king) will read children’s books.
• The 2nd Annual Midnight Hot Rod Rumble Car & Bike Show will start at 5 p.m. at AVS, 4555 N. Cedar Ave. There will be music, vendors, food, and more.
• Fresno Football Club hosts Phoenix Rising Football Club at 7 p.m. at Chukchansi Park. Get tickets and see upcoming matches here.
• Take in some fireworks on the lake at Wild Water Adventure Park. Show starts at 7:30 p.m.
• See the Melvins, Modpods, and Yen Yen at Strummer’s. This all ages show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $20.
• Also at 8 p.m. a Bully Benefit for Fresno Bully Rescue will be held at Fulton 55. This 21+ show costs $10.
• Celebrate National Ice Cream Day with special flavors at Ampersand Ice Cream in the Tower District! The fun starts at 12 p.m.
• From 3 to 6 p.m. take in some Good Vibrations: Roots, Rocksteady, Reggae with DJ Mr Leonard at HopPK.
• The Dawny Reb Band rocks The Lounge at DiCicco’s in Old Town Clovis from 5 to 8 p.m. This is a free show.
• Check out alternative metal group Rest, Repose and other guests at Full Circle Brewing Co. at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12.
• Enjoy a laugh at Just The Tips with headliner Daniel Eachus. This comedy show and open mic starts at 7:30 p.m at Groggs Traditional Irish Pub.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.