Ah, Fall in Fresno! It’s that beautiful time of year again, when the air turns crisp (maybe), the leaves shimmer in hues of gold and amber (pretty soon!), and pumpkin-spiced everything makes its triumphant return. Whether you’re a family on the hunt for the perfect pumpkin or a couple seeking a charming fall date spot, Fresno’s local patches and fall-themed destinations have something for everyone. Here is an up-to-date guide to some of the best places to visit this season:
- Location: 2674 N Westlawn 93723 just west of Fresno
- Operating Hours: 10am – 5pm Saturdays and Sundays in October
- Key Features: Dive into the heart of fall with their traditional rides around the patch, hay mazes, carnival style games, a bounce house and of course a vast selection of pumpkins. It’s family-run, ensuring a warm, welcoming atmosphere perfect for families and couples alike.
- Insider Tip: They’re having a special adult night with food trucks, wine tasting, and dancing with a DJ on October 20th from 6-10pm!
- Location: 2629 S. Clovis Avenue (just east of Fresno)
- Operating Hours: 9 am – 6:00pm daily
- Key Features: A Fresno staple since 1901, this farm isn’t just about pumpkins. With an old town replica, shooting gallery, and wine tasting for the grown-ups, there’s something for every age group. They also have food trucks every Friday night!
- Must-Try: Before you head home, grab some of their renowned farm-fresh local produce.
- Location: 284 S. Temperance (near Sunnyside)
- Operating Hours: 10 am – 7 pm daily
- Key Features: This delightful farm offers fresh produce, a great pumpkin patch, an awesome hibachi food truck on the weekends, free hayrides, mazes and a refreshing drink stand. Plenty of photo opps can be found in this picturesque place as well!
- Must-Taste: Their trunk or treat event is open to the public and coming up – follow their social media updates on Facebook for more information!
- Location: 5365 N. Mendocino in Clovis
- Operating Hours: 10 am – 4 pm on weekends
- Key Features: Nestled a bit farther from the heart of Fresno, this picturesque farm offers stunning photo opportunities, scenic picnic spots, hayrides, iced coffee, food trucks, farm vendors and of course lots and lots of beautiful pumpkins!
- Note: Looking to decorate your whole porch or for an event? Sweet Thistle offers pumpkin orders in bulk and decorating services, too!
- Location: 640 E. Nees in NE Fresno
- Operating Hours: 9:30am to 10:30pm daily
- Key features: This annual pop up patch features rides, kettle corn, face painting, a costume shop, and lots of reasonably priced pumpkins.
- Crowd averse? You may enjoy visiting on a weekday evening more, as this location does tend to get quite busy and popular on the weekends.
- Location: 225 W. Bullard in Clovis
- Operating Hours: Monday through Friday 4-8pm, weekends from 10am – 9pm
- Key Features: If you’re in search of a more laid-back, organic experience, Wild Patch is the place to be. The atmosphere here is welcoming and less commercialized, making it ideal for a quiet day out.
- Bonus: Their unique pumpkin varieties make for fantastic decorations and delicious pies.
Fall in Fresno is a lot of fun, with its numerous pumpkin patches and fall-themed festivities. So whether you’re carving jack-o’-lanterns with the kids or sipping cider under the stars, the season is ripe with possibilities. Grab your loved ones, and make the most of this fall bounty!
*Note: As always, while we’ve done our best to provide accurate information, however it’s always a good practice to check the individual websites or call ahead to confirm details before planning your visits.*
- A Scoop of Nostalgia: Discovering Gelateria del Centro in Downtown Fresno - November 27, 2023
- Fall into Joy: 5 Ways to Discover Seasonal Glimmers in Fresno/Clovis - November 16, 2023
- Unique Finds at Bulldog Square: Discover Fresno’s Newest Boutique Gem - November 9, 2023