Latest posts by Natali Carrera (see all)
- Crave Cookie Co. Delivers the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever, Piping Hot to Your Door - September 5, 2019
- KLSD Celebrates Opening of New Downtown Retail Shop - August 19, 2019
- Mad Duck’s 3rd Location is Now Open In Northwest Fresno - August 14, 2019
Typically a creature of habit, for years I’ve stuck to the same one or two drink options pretty much anywhere I go when it comes to a cocktail or glass of wine. Recently, however, I’ve been more adventurous and have been interested in sampling craft cocktails along with some of the classics that I’ve never tried before. (I blame a random trip to Tracy, CA, in which my husband and I stopped at a whiskey bar and pub called Purgatory, and I had one of the tastiest drinks I’ve ever had. If you’re ever in Tracy, stop in and try the “Muffin, How Bout You.” Silly name, an excellent drink made with bourbon, Averna, blueberry shrub, bitters, and cinnamon.)
Over the past weekend, my husband and I wanted to go out and enjoy a drink together and I remembered a coworker saying she’d recently tried, and really enjoyed a new spot in Tower called the Lincoln Pub & Grub, so we headed that way.
Whenever I check out a new place in town, I hope to both enjoy the experience and learn as much as I can to bring back and share with you, FresYes friends, so hopefully you’ll be able to find great new local businesses that becomes a part of your life, and that you’ll love and support.
Here’s what I learned about the Lincoln Pub & Grub from David Rasavong, one of the three business owners.
- Lincoln Pub & Grub wants to be Tower’s neighborhood pub – a place where people from the nearby area can enjoy affordable, high-quality drinks and appetizers, in a comfortable and friendly environment that makes them want to come in regularly.
- After being open just over a month, the owners quickly noticed people were coming in from the Tower area, but also from much further reaching areas of Fresno and Clovis and returning in a short period of time.
- David brings restaurant management and marketing experience; co-owner Aaron Gossett is a cocktail expert and perfectionist, and long-time local catering chef Andy Karsh brings the heat in the kitchen. All three were working on the Friday evening my husband and I visited, and David said it was important to them that guests had the best possible experience, so they were providing it firsthand.
- The menu features $5 Featured Cocktails and $7 Presidential Cocktails and a rotating menu of made-from-scratch appetizers to choose from also at the $5 price point.
Our experience as customers was very pleasant. The atmosphere was welcoming, clean and comfortable. The bar made up of thousands of hand-laid pennies and the Abraham Lincoln-themed touches throughout the décor, kept the theme consistent (Lincoln was chosen because he’s on the $5 bill, which is the standard price of cocktails and apps) and gave the place a cool vibe.
The service was very friendly and attentive. Food came out quickly and was hot, drinks were prepared quickly as well and served with attention to detail – my husband’s Old Fashioneds were served with a perfectly clear ice sphere and the real, dark maraschino cherries.
It was a Friday night, and we arrived early, but the place filled quickly. The clientele was diverse and represented a wide range of ages and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves as were we. We stayed for quite a while and tried multiple menu items to get a full impression – we both loved the crispy chicken sliders and the tempura green beans with sriracha aioli the most (they have just the perfect amount of salt and they’re not over battered – so good!), though the tacos were also enjoyable.
My favorite cocktail was the Singapore Sling, which was a $5 Featured Cocktail and was made with gin, triple sec, grenadine, pineapple, and a brandy float. My husband enjoyed both their Old Fashioned and the Rail Splitter, which was a Presidential Cocktail made with Four Roses bourbon, lemon, simple syrup, and ginger ale.
Whether you’re a Tower local, or just looking for a great cocktail and bite to eat in a friendly place for a very reasonable price – I’m going to highly recommend you make a trek over to the Lincoln Pub & Grub if you haven’t yet. They’re located at 609 E. Olive in Fresno, and they’re open five days a week (closed Monday and Tuesday). For full details on hours, check their Facebook about section here.
I think you’re going to love it. If you go, I’d love to know which drink and appetizer you love the most – leave us a comment!