Latest posts by FresYes Writing Team (see all)
- 7 Delicious Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes - November 4, 2019
- This Low-Carb Chicken Zoodle Soup Can Heal You From The Inside Out - October 28, 2019
- The Old Fresno Water Tower - August 28, 2019
If you’re not a fan of basketball, you can feel a little left out during March Madness. Putting together brackets and watching as teams get eliminated/advance—it all seems like fun.
Luckily, the Fresno Grizzlies have found a way for us non-basketball types to get in on the action. They’ve created the Fresno Famous bracket for that one thing all Americans can’t seem to get enough of: weird ballpark food creations.
If you’ve been to Chukchansi Park in recent years, you’ve probably tried at least one of the eight foods represented in the bracket:
- Frankenslice: A pepperoni pizza slice with a hot dog in the crust.
- Chorizo Mac & Cheese Dog: Hot dog topped with spicy chorizo mac ‘n cheese.
- Jack & Coke Churros: Deep fried churros filled with Jack & Coke custard.
- Oreo Taco: An Oreo-flavored waffle shell filled with cookies ‘n cream ice cream topped with Oreo cream filling and mini Oreos.
- Elote Corndog: A corndog breaded in classic elote ingredients—masa, dry cheese, chili spices.
- Urban Legend Sliders: Pulled pork sliders topped with Coca-cola syrup and Pop Rocks.
- Grizzly Eggs: Cream cheese and buffalo sauce deviled egg wrapped in bacon and deep fried then tossed in more buffalo sauce.
- The Chickle: A dill pickle hollowed and stuffed with Nashville Hot pulled chicken.
They’re all amazing, but ONLY ONE CAN BE CHAMP. (I vote Chickle, mostly for the name).
Voting is happening now on FresnoGrizzlies.com. The bracket will run through the actual Final Four, the first weekend of April, when the champ will be crowned. The winning food item will then be available throughout the Grizzlies’ first homestand, April 10 through April 16.
So vote now!