I love where I live, and I also love what I do. I'm lucky to be able to work in a profession in which I get to build relationships; one that has me meeting new people each and every day and helping them to build new lives in my beloved city. I'm lucky enough to work in a profession in which I can marry cutting-edge technologies and marketing techniques to good, old-fashioned, nose-to-the-grindstone work. I am lucky enough to work in a profession that allows me to work as an advocate for my clients; to use every tool at my disposal to get a job done well for them, and with as little stress and expense as possible.
I love my city. I love my job. One inspires my excellence for the other.
Fresno? I say FresYES
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in Fresno and beyond.
• Catppuccino’s first Pop-Up & Adopt event will take place at 5 p.m. at Bitwise South Stadium in downtown Fresno. Drink some coffee, shop the vendors, and perhaps take home a new feline friend.
• It’s Country Music Night featuring Rebel Heart at ApCal Winery. Music starts at 7 p.m. There will be food, wine, cigars, dancing, and more for those 21+. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the gate.
• Stroll through the Fresno Chaffee Zoo after hours and sample a variety of wines from the Central Valley and surrounding areas while overlooking the African Adventure savannas at Roar & Pour starting at 5:30 p.m. Tickets to this 21+ event are $45 in advance.
• Fresno’s Monthly Motown Night presents A Tribute to Aretha Franklin at 8 p.m. at Strummer’s. There will be a live performance from The Licorice Pimps as well as returning guest DJs Native Earthian and Green Giant.
• The Saturday Morning Farmers Market at the intersection of Fifth and Pollasky in Clovis is held year-round from 8 to 11:30 a.m.
• Issue 2 of You Are Fresno magazine will be released at Root at 12 p.m.
• An 80s Dance Party featuring live music from Max Headroom starts at ApCal at 5 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the gate.
• The Fresno State Bulldogs football team opens the 2018 season at home vs. Idaho. Game starts at 7 p.m. Purchase your tickets here.
• If soccer is more your scene, the Fresno Football Club takes on Reno 1868 FC at Chukchansi Park at 7 p.m. Get tickets here.
• See reggae artist Protoje at the Tower Theatre at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $31.50.
• Sunday Drum Day drum circle will start at Full Circle Brewing Co. at 3 p.m. Grab a pint and have some fun.
• See Raw, Lowrider/War tribute band, at Fulton 55 at 6 p.m.
• Pepe Aguilar y Familia presentan: Jaripeo Sin Fronteras at Save Mart Center starting at 7 p.m. Tickets start at $97.50.
• A PG (No Cussing) Comedy Show will take place at DiCicco’s in Old Town Clovis starting at 7:30 p.m. Nationally touring comedian Danny Minch headlines. Tickets start at $15.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.