The clocks have been moved forward an hour, the blossoms are blooming and the sounds of the outdoors are all around. Yes technically Spring starts on the 21st but in FresYes Spring has sprung in a big way. The trick for all of us as FresYes outdoors lovers is we have an unknown window of time before Spring turns to Summer and the heat settles in for the next 3 months.
With that idea of a undefined amount of time to have some Spring time fun lets revisit some ideas for the outdoors lover and our FresYes families.
10. Baseball, baseball, baseball! Yes, take me out to the ball game over at Beiden Field for some Fresno State Baseball. Bulldog baseball is a low cost, high reward outing for the sports lover in everyone. Cheap tickets, affordable concessions and high level collegiate sports land the Dogs in the lead off position for this Spring time favorites list.
9. Forestiere Underground Gardens, Spring is the number one time to enjoy a unique Fresno landmark. The cool breeze flowing through the gardens can only be described as wonderful. The beauty, smells and ingenuity found right here in FresYes are the product of 40 years work of our famous Sicilian Mr Forestiere and his unique work of art still astounds.
8. Madera Wine Trail. Take a Saturday with some friends, load up the car with your favorite designated driver and hit the trail. Its a fun tour with some great wines so grab a glass, enjoy the weather and don’t forget your camera.
7. ApCal Concert Series. Kick off Spring March 21st out on Ave 7 with Rock-A-Palooza Classic Rock Festival 2015. Cruise out for a day of music by Foreigner – ZZ Top – AC/DC – Journey Tribute Bands! How cool is that?
6. Gardening! There is a reason this outdoors activity is loved by so many. Its good for the soul, its great physical labor and the end result is always beautiful. Need ideas? Look right here on FresYes.com in our gardening section.
5. Salsa in the park. The Starline Salsa Club has for the past few years hosted Tropical Mondays at Riverpark. Starting in April and open to all ages this venue is a true one of a kind in FresYes. Rowen has always brought out great Latin Music for this family fun night of dancing under the stars. If you don’t know how to dance……….its time to learn.
4. California Classic Half Marathon. Next weekend is this FresYes fixture for our runners and walkers and if you read last weeks post, volunteers. Weather should be great, fun will be out of hand and if you choose to run, volunteer or just watch smiles are guaranteed.
3. Dining on a patio. No matter if its breakfast in Fig Garden, lunch in the Tower or dinner with friends just about anyplace you want FresYes has a patio fit for any taste you may have.
2. Hit me a home run! The all new Fresno Grizzlies debut this Spring right in our own downtown beauty Chukchansi Park. Yes the Giants are gone but for me as baseball fan and with a local fan base so polorized in the Giants/Dodgers rivalry I believe the Astro’s will come to town and be a great neutral ground baseball team for the FresYes faithful baseball fan.
And my number ONE tip for enjoying the FresYes Spring is…………..
Toss my list and create your own fun family adventure. Pack the car, point it towards your favorite outdoors spot and go for it. Go play, have some laughs, take some photo’s and build memories with your friends or loved ones. You have the power to create a fun day customized to fit what ever need/want you have. Just remember if its really good to let me know because I’m always looking for a new way to have fun in the outdoors.