Creamy Lemon Pasta #30MinuteMeal
What would you say if I told you this meal can be on your table in less than 30 minutes? Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta is super easy, incredibly delicious and fancy enough to impress company! You use local ingredients like lemon (which is pretty much always in season here in the Central Valley) and garlic which is readily available now also!
A little off subject, but I wanted to show you the difference between store bought and homegrown. Store bought is on the left – on the right are lemons I picked up at the Farmer’s Market. See the difference? On the right the lemons have deep, dark rich color, bright white rind, yellow peel – the difference in flavor is equally as impressive!
When I say this takes only 30 minutes, I truly mean it. I started by putting a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil. Next I chopped the garlic and put that in a large deep fry pan over low heat with olive oil. You don’t want to brown the garlic, this will make it bitter, just slowly roast it along with the spices. Click here to see it roasting. Slowly sauté the garlic for about 10 minutes, along with the spices. Next add the lemon zest and whipping cream (I’ve tried this using heavy cream and I prefer whipping cream.) Continue to stir and the flavors will slowly combine. Turn the heat off on the sauce & add the lemon juice. Stir well to blend.
When the pasta is done to al dente, drop it into the sauce – stir really well to combine everything, top it with the parmesan cheese and again, mix well! (The big key in this meal is simply making sure you stir everything together really well.)
The recipe for this amazing pasta is below – enjoy and make sure you wear your stretchy pants because you’re going to want seconds! Chow! 😀
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- basil & parsley for garnish (if desired)
- 1 13.5 oz. package spaghetti
- Start by putting a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil. When it reaches a rolling boil, drop the spaghetti in and cook according to package directions to al dente.
- While the pot is heating & spaghetti is cooking continue by preparing the sauce. Chop the garlic and place in a large deep fry pan over low heat with olive oil. You don’t want to brown the garlic, this will make it bitter, so just cook it slowly. Add the red pepper flakes and black pepper – slowly sauté the garlic for about 10 minutes, along with the spices.
- Next add the lemon zest and whipping cream. Continue to stir and the flavors will slowly combine.
- When the pasta is done, turn the heat off from the sauce. Add in the lemon juice. Stir to combine, then begin transferring the cooked noodles to the sauce mixing well. Top the noodles with the shredded parmesan cheese and mix again. Garnish with parsley & chopped basil.