- 8 Covid-Safe at Home Date Ideas - July 31, 2020
- Support Locals, Get Affordable Grocery Delivery - July 24, 2020
- Love Local Produce? Food 4 Thought will make your week! - July 9, 2020
There are some professionals that we just trust more when we hear about them through a friend, am I right? A mechanic. A realtor. A babysitter. A doctor or a dentist. Admit it – knowing someone can vouch for that person’s professionalism, skill, honesty and friendliness matters.
In conversations with other Fresnans, both online and in-person, the topic of “so, who’s a good doctor?” has come up on multiple occasions. There are some names you hear often, and some that maybe you should. I thought it would be nice to compile a list of physicians and dentists that families I know use and trust, so that if someone is new to the area, or suddenly finds themselves in need of a new provider, there will be a nice list with actual human-endorsed professionals on the interwebs for reference.
I asked my mama friends for help with this list, and have included my own personal recommendations. So, without further adieu – here’s a list (with comments if provided) to help you get started if your family needs a “m0m-tested, mom-approved” medical professional:
*Dr. Nidhi Mehrotra (NE Fresno & Downtown Fresno) 325-2400
- Patient, warm, knowledgeable, appointments don’t feel rushed, takes action quickly when necessary, remembers your kids and their health issues over long spans of time, returns calls, office staff has worked after hours to get medications refilled and other necessities taken care of.
- Accepting Cal-Viva Health (as of 6/2014) at Downtown office.
- Waits can be a little long due to personalized care, schedule first morning or first after lunch appointments to minimize wait time.
*Dr. Tegest Hailu (North-Central Fresno) 438-0555
- Has raised two sons of her own, very warm, kind, great sense of humor, very caring and concerned, doesn’t make you feel foolish, does not rush appointments, really listens, encourages questions, offers an app, email and cell phone access to her – she IS her own on-call doctor.
- Family practice office, sees children and adults.
*Dr. Marty Martin (Peachwood Medical, Clovis) 324-6203
- Warm, caring, does not rush patients, many years of experience, community involved (lives in Downtown Fresno and is committed to community and neighborhood outreach), chosen by families for multiple generations, Christian doctor who often prays with families/patients if they would like to.
*Dr. Richard Jones (SE Fresno) 225-3700
- Chosen by families for multiple generations, known for being very smart, the best of “old school” care, not easily riled, patient, excellent care and staff.
*Dr. Dianne Hubbard (Peachwood Medical, Clovis) 324-6200
- Known for warmth, kindness, compassion and comforting bedside manner
Dr. Jerry Reimer (Peachwood Medical, Clovis) 324-6200
Patient, caring, always listens
Dr. Prem Singh (Community Hospital Offices, Downtown Fresno) 264-2504
- Excellent with high-risk/premie babies
Dr. Marina Alper (Northwest Medical Center, NW Fresno) 271-6302
- Caring, patient, sweet, remembers the family, never makes parents or patients feel silly for asking questions
Dr. Enas Attia (NE Fresno) 322-5155
- Very thorough and patient with children
Dr. Katayoon Shahinfar (NE Fresno) 549-7337
Dr. Anila Thampy (NE Fresno) 437-9024
Dr. Nazzi Mojibi (NE Fresno) 322-2900
Dr. Kevin Chang (Community Medical Providers, NE Fresno) 437-7338
Dr. Quintin Young (Community Medical Providers, NE Fresno) 499-6400
Dr. Jill Carson (Kaiser, NE Fresno) 448-4819
Dr. Daniel Grey (Kaiser, NE Fresno) 448-4500
Dr. Brian Guthrie (Kaiser, Clovis) 324-5100
*Dr. Scott Lee (Central Fresno) 227-0400
- Kind, gentle, does not scare kids, keeps the experience positive and pleasant, appointments run on time
*CA Kidds – All doctors (NE Fresno) 439-6600
- Excellent kid-friendly facility (movies, toys in waiting area, etc.), patient, communicative dentists, great staff, parents are welcome in the treatment area
*Powell Pediatric Dentistry (NE Fresno) 299-3949
Dr. Michelle Asselin (North-Central Fresno) 431-1400
- Well-loved by kids and parents alike, professional staff, office runs on time, “she looks like a Disney Princess.” 😉
Dr. David Forester (NE Fresno) 432-1300
- Gentle and kind with kids, explains everything thoroughly to mom
Dr. Maria Perez-De la Rosa (North-Central Fresno) 226-5700
- Trustworthy and honest, “does magic with kids!”
Dr. Rosaura Pacheco (NE Fresno) 298-9690
- Gentle and patient, good for even the most frightened kids
Dr. Grant of Kellogg and Grant Dentistry (NE Fresno) 322-6060
Dr. Scott Janzen (NE Fresno) 431-5544
Dr. Rick Jelmini (NE Fresno) 439-2147
*Dr. Jeffrey Thomas (multiple offices, including NW Fresno, Clovis & Downtown) 266-8989
- Vbac-friendly, very experienced, has been head of OB department at Fresno Community Hospital
Dr. Sharon Kopacz (NE Fresno) 322-2900
- Natural child birth friendly
Dr. Robert Wilson (North-Central Fresno) 435-5252
- Patient focused, not in a rush, fertility specialist
*Dr. Andrea Lanier (Eye Medical Center) 449-5010
- Known as the local expert in her field, great pediatric eye surgeon
Dr. Andrew Written (Eye Medical Center) 449-5010
Dr. Poulsen (InSight Vision) 449-5050
Free/Low Cost Immunizations: http://www.whyichoose.org/vfc.html
In Clovis Unified – call 327-9466 for information on vaccination clinics
*recommended by multiple families/most popular
For what it’s worth, specialist and other recommendations were not actually requested originally, however those who recommended pediatricians and dentists loved these particular practitioners enough to mention them within their replies, so I expanded the list to include them. This list can definitely evolve as well – if you know of someone who needs to be on this list, please leave us a comment, we will update this post to include additional recommendations!