Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram!
- Learn All About Kingsburg Honey & Why Bees Rock - January 14, 2017
- How to Make Lemon Drop Martinis with Locally Made Corbin Vodka - January 5, 2017
- Eat Local – The Schoolhouse Restaurant - December 29, 2016
Cook Local – Strawberry SalsaThis weekend we went for a drive up Friant Road – Saturday was such a beautiful day, perfect for a drive. On the way home we stopped at Sumner Peck Ranch – we’ve passed it several times but never stopped before. Saturday we did, it was time to check it out. First – the grounds are beautiful, tons of beautiful roses and great seating areas with views of the vineyards – just lovely!
In addition to wine they have a great selection of fresh local produce – many of which they grow right on the farm. AND they are open 7 days a week. We picked up some wine, strawberries, onions and jalepenos – nearly everything we needed to make Strawberry Salsa!
This salsa is spicy, sweet and served with chips such a simple appetizer! We grabbed a bottle of their Chardonnay and enjoyed it on the patio with the salsa – Saturday was such a lovely day, it was a perfect way to enjoy a great day & beautiful evening.
And if you have leftovers (which we did not!) Grill up some lemon pepper chicken and spoon this overtop – YUM! So simple, fancy enough for company but easy enough for you to make and enjoy with your sweetie! I hope you give this yummy recipe a try!
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 chopped jalapeno pepper – seeds removed (if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce
- pinch of salt
- Chop all of the ingredients and add them to a medium bowl – stir well to combine.
- Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve & enjoy! This is terrific as a dip with chips, fabulous over grilled chicken, pork and fish.