I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUMMED! After my awesome experience in January, I was reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllyy looking forward to participating in the next event organized by San Joaquin Running. This just happens to be the Hensely Off Road Race on February 7th, when my husband and I are scheduled to be in the Bay watching a Metallica Concert. I suppose it could be worse and I could be missing the race for a way lamer reason (I really like Metallica) but, still, I hate to miss out. I thought about getting up really early on Sunday morning to make it to the race BUT I also kind of reeeeaalllllllly want to stay married, so I supposed that this time around I just can’t always get what I want….pshhhhhhh.
So for those of you who won’t be at the Metallica concert, you can click here and register to this awesome and unique event. Why unique you ask? Because this race is not only for runners, there is a Mountain Bike race as well. You can even participate in both, running and biking events if you want!!!
And as per usual, San Joaquin Running will give each participant a great looking race shirt and great looking awards to the top runners and top bikers.
Fortunately for me, San Joaquin Running has a schedule full of races the remainder of the year for me not to miss. Not only that! They have added some unique features and categories to their remaining 2016 races, such as team events, shorter courses and a beer mile race. Here is the schedule for their upcoming events:
- March 5th : San Joaquin River Trail Half Marathon & 10K: The Central Valley’s most challenging and scenic Half Marathon.With approx. 2500′ of elevation gain this course won’t be your typical stroll in the park. Over 90% single track trail in the foothills, this course could easily become your new favorite.
- March 26th: Barn Burner Beer Mile: Simple: Run a mile as fast as you can while chugging a beer every ¼ mile….there is a penalty ¼ mile for those who vomit before the finish like 😀
- March 26th: Barn Burner – 6 hour/ 12 hour/ 24 hour Run: This race takes place in a beautiful 1 mile dirt loop along the Kings River for a timed running event. The goal is to run as many miles in the allotted time: 6 hours, 12 hours and 24 hours
- June 11th: Shadow of Giants 50K: Scenic historic trails through the Sierra National Forest. The 50k run takes you past 3000 year old Giant Sequoias in the famous Nelder Grove. A brand new 20k run course that takes you on many of the same trails as the gorgeous 50k course has been added this year!. Elevation is 5,000 – 6,500 ft.
- September 10th: Pincushion Hill Climb: 1 mile uphill run, starting at the San Joaquin River Trailhead and finishing at the top of Pincushion Mountain. Open to all ages 12 and up! There is a brand new team category this year. Teams can be from 3-5 people and the top 3 times from your team will determine your result.
Check out San Joaquin Running’s website by clicking here to find out what they are all about. Like I mentioned on a previous blog, they not only organize outstanding events, but they are also local and do a lot for Fresno’s running community so support them!