Cook Local – Mummy Meatloaf and Feet Loaf
I hope you are doing something super scary and fun for Halloween! If you’re having a party and want to scare up some good eats, why not serve a Mummy Meatloaf! Or if your guests aren’t into mummy’s….. may I suggest Feet Loaf?
Both are deliciously gruesome and would be just enough to scare your little ghosts and goblins, right? 😀
And if you need some fun sides to go along with, how about serving up some yummy jello brains? (This is simply red jello and a “brain” mold.)
or Tangerine Pumpkins? These are super easy & fun. (Peel the tangerines and top each with a thin stalk of celery.) Definitely a kid friendly meal right?
and last but not least …. banana ghosts! (Bananas with mini chocolate chips tucked in the banana for eyes and a mouth.) It’s really that easy!
Life is too short not to have a bit of fun right?
Here’s my Aunt Shirley’s recipe for meatloaf – so to start this off, head over to Gibson Market and pick up three pounds of ground beef and a pound of bacon – Then let’s get cooking and start this ghoulish party start off on the right foot …. or should I say feet (loaf)? 😀
- 3 lbs. ground beef
- 5-6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup cracker crumbs (saltines) about half a sleeve of crackers
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6-8 slices bacon
- several cloves of peeled garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together the beef, cracker crumbs, eggs, cheese, ketchup, onion, salt & pepper. Mold into a scary mummy face. Place garlic cloves for the eyes and teeth. Wrap the bacon around the head as pictured.
- Bake for approximately 1 hr. 30 minutes or until your meat thermometer reaches 155 degrees
- After you pull it out of the oven “decorate” with an addition smear of ketchup!