Hi. I’m Heather. Starting today, I’m the new editor of FresYes.com.
I want to introduce myself to the FresYes readership to let you know what to expect from the site in 2017, and what you can do to make my job easier.
What To Expect From FresYes
1. Expect more stories about a variety of subjects that are of interest to Fresnans. From special events to business openings to old favorites to travel stories to, I dunno, whatever sounds interesting to us at the time—that’s what we’ll cover. The site is called FresYes, but we know that Fresnans have interests that lie outside of our city limits, so we’ll do our best to think outside the Fresbox (sorry) and cover stuff within, say, weekend driving range.
2. Expect to see some home stuff. We’re a realty business. We sell houses. The purpose of FresYes, aside from being good fun, is to make people feel great about their choice to live in the Fresno area. Great enough to, you know, maybe buy a house or two. Whatevs.
3. Expect to see more reasons to get out of the house. We want you to be able to find a number of things to do around the Valley and beyond on any given day. I swore I wouldn’t mention the election (and I won’t!), but it seems like now is the time to get out and throw yourself into your community, wherever that might be. Maybe you don’t even know where your community is yet. We’ll try to help you find it.
4. Expect to see some guest posts. I know a lot of fun and interesting people. If I can get them to write something instead of me having to do it, then I can take more naps.
5. Expect to see fewer typos. Not a complete lack of typos, because who am I kidding, but fewer. Really, my only goal on this site, and in life in general, is to eliminate the use of double spaces after periods. It’s 2017, everybody. Acclimate.
Here’s Where You Come In
In order to do some of the stuff I mentioned above, I need your help.
Send me your events, send me tips about cool stories or people you know, send me information.
I can’t and won’t promise that it will make it onto the site, but it’s worth taking the chance. You can email press releases or whatever you’ve got to me at email@example.com.