Are you ready to wave goodbye to summer and embrace the academic adventure once again? Ah, the joys of back-to-school shopping! But don’t fret, dear students and parents of Fresno and Clovis, we’re all in this together!
We have some of our favorites but we want you to share yours! The poll below isn’t built to pick a winner, but instead, it’s a way for our FresYes community to pitch in and help us all to know the best or favorite places to shop for your back-to-school needs in the Central Valley.
Back to School Shopping Essentials for Parents
We’re not going to lie. Back to School shopping can be a significant event for parents, ensuring their kids have everything they need to start the new academic year with confidence. This is stressful, right? Every school, every district, and every grade is going to be different in what they require but here’s a starter list of essential items we think parents should consider while preparing for the Back to School season:
- Pens, pencils, erasers, and sharpeners
- Glue sticks or liquid glue
- Index cards
- Backpack or school bag
- Mechanical pencils
- Colored pencils
- Gel pens
- Correction tape or fluid
- Lunchbox or lunch bag
- Reusable water bottle
- Food containers
- Sweaters/jackets (if applicable)
- Socks and underwear
- Comfortable shoes
Electronics and Tech:
- Laptop or tablet
- Graphing calculator (if required)
- USB flash drives
- Charging cables and power banks
Organization and Time Management:
- Daily/weekly planner or calendar
- Desk organizer or drawer dividers
- Wall calendar for the home
- Backpack accessories like keychains or tags for easy identification
- Hand sanitizer
- Personal care items like dental hygiene products, hairbrushes, etc.
- Check for any specific items required by the school, such as uniforms, textbooks, or specialized equipment.
Medical Supplies (if needed):
– Inhalers or EpiPens (if the child has specific medical needs)
Remember to involve your child in the shopping process, as they might have specific preferences or needs. Early planning and budgeting can also help make the Back to School shopping experience more organized and stress-free. You’ll see we have an “OTHER” option for each topic, please enter your preferred other (and we’ll add it to the choices.
Want a free to download .pdf of all of that as a checklist?