Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in Fresno and beyond.
• Fresno Filmworks presents “Support the Girls,” a comedy written and directed by Andrew Bujalski, at 5:30 and again at 8:30 p.m. at the Tower Theatre. When the motherly and protective Lisa (Regina Hall) becomes the manager of a highway-side “sports bar with curves” she’ll do anything to protect her young female employees. Tickets are $10.
• Safari Night 2018 will take place at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo at 6 p.m. Roam throughout the zoo grounds while enjoying culinary creations from your favorite Valley restaurants and caterers. Overlook the African savannahs while sipping on fine wines and crafts brews. Finish the night off
by dancing under the stars to The Valley Cats Band. Tickets are $100 per person.
• Back To Black: A Tribute To Amy Winehouse returns to Strummer’s for a very special celebration of Amy Winehouse’s music on what would have been her 35th birthday. Starting at 8 p.m., DJ Mr. Leonard will be spinning soul, R&B, and other throwbacks before and after the show. Tickets are $12 advanced, $15 at the door. This event is 21+ only.
• The Historic Crest Theatre presents “Sixteen Candles” at 8 p.m. A girl’s “sweet” sixteenth birthday becomes anything but special as she suffers from every embarrassment possible. Tickets are $6.
• Head to Kearney Park at 9 a.m. to enjoy Scottish food, drink, and ale, plus vendors, caber tossing, and music at the 41st Fresno Scottish Gathering and Games.
• The Revue will host an Artisan Fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• ApCal Winery will be the site of Selena tribute band Anything For Salinas at 5 p.m. This 21+ event will feature wine, cigars, dancing, food, and more. Tickets are $15 in advance; $20 at the gate.
• Comedian Anjelah Johnson takes the stage at William Saroyan Theatre at 7 p.m.
• Stoneshiver will play Strummer’s at 7:30 p.m. with special guests Art and the Resistance, Call Me James, and The Strikingly Originals. Tickets for this 21+ event are $10.
• See country music star Jake Owen live at Chukchansi Park at 8 p.m.
• Curate Fresno presents the Rosé Gold Brunch + Day Party at the Falls Event Center from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is an upscale brunch with high vibes. Tickets start at $35.
• Fresno Football Club takes on Orange County Soccer Club at Chukchansi Park at 6 p.m.
• Comedian Kyle Shire is the headliner at Just the Tips at 6 p.m. at Grogg’s Irish Pub. The show is free but bring tip money for the comedian.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.