Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in Fresno and beyond.
• Eyes Set To Kill with Chasing Ghosts, Stigmurder, and Mistery will take the stage at Full Circle Brewing Co. at 6 p.m. This all-ages show will feature food, vendors, beer, and more.
• Enjoy 80s Night at Engelmann Cellars with live music from Max Headroom. Cost is $10. Music starts at 7 p.m.
• It’s the next installment of Fulton Live— the July-Jam. Local musicians will play live at multiple locations all over downtown Fresno. Bring your friends and take in the sights and sounds. The Jam starts at 7 p.m. Visit the event page to see participating venues.
• Hear graphic novelist Kristen Radtke read at 7 p.m. at the John Wright Theatre at Fresno State. This is part of the CSU Summer Arts festival. Tickets are $15.
• See Good Company Players present Into the Woods at 7:30 p.m. at Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theatre. This mash-up of famous fairytales weaves a spell all its own with a magical score by Stephen Sondheim.
• Lisa Loeb will play Bitwise South Stadium twice Saturday—a kids’ show at 11 a.m. and a show for grown ups at 7 p.m. Tickets for the morning show are $15.
• If you missed their last show, this is your chance to see ApCal’s favorite tribute band—Midnight Run, The Sounds of Journey—at 5 p.m. in Madera. Cost is $15 in advance; $20 at the gate.
• ¡Cumbiatron! Cumbia At The Clocktower is happening at 6 p.m. in Mariposa Plaza in downtown Fresno. Explore the sounds of the world blended with live percussion, art, and electronic rhythms. All ages; $10.
• Revolver, a tribute to Rage Against the Machine, will hit Full Circle Brewing Co. at 7:15 p.m. Tickets to this all-ages show are $12 at the door, $10 in advance.
• StageWorks Fresno presents Urinetown: The Musical at 7:30 p.m. at the Dan Pessano Theater. Tickets start at $22.
• Fresno’s monthly Motown Night is going down at Strummer’s at 8 p.m. Show is 21+ and cost is $5.
• At 10 a.m. Sunday head to Manchester Center for 559 Summerfest, a car, truck, and bike show featuring food and entertainment. Cost is $20.
• A Polynesian dance performance will take place at Wild Water Adventure Park at 2:30 p.m.
• Back To Black: A Tribute to Amy Winehouse will take the stage at Fulton 55 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door.
• Tropical Underground Reggaeton & Tropical Bass Party will take place at Switch Lounge and Night Club. Doors at 9 p.m. 21+ only. Tickets are $5 in advance and $10 at door.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.
I love where I live, and I also love what I do. I'm lucky to be able to work in a profession in which I get to build relationships; one that has me meeting new people each and every day and helping them to build new lives in my beloved city. I'm lucky enough to work in a profession in which I can marry cutting-edge technologies and marketing techniques to good, old-fashioned, nose-to-the-grindstone work. I am lucky enough to work in a profession that allows me to work as an advocate for my clients; to use every tool at my disposal to get a job done well for them, and with as little stress and expense as possible.
I love my city. I love my job. One inspires my excellence for the other.
Fresno? I say FresYES