From time to time, we like to highlight people in the Fresno area who are doing cool things. Today, meet Steven Sanchez, a man with many talents, including photography, videography, and writing.
Steven is sharing with us a collection of photos he’s taken of entertainers who have taken the stage in Fresno. Check out his work, then scroll down to find out where you can see more.
Who is Steven Sanchez?
My name: Steven Sanchez
What I do: I’m a promotions coordinator at Lotus Communications (105.1 The Blaze) and a freelance photographer/videographer specializing in concerts, stand-up comedy, and comic book conventions.
What I love about the Fresno area: What I like about Fresno is the potential it has. The music scene here is growing, along with the stand-up comedy scene, and comic book conventions in the Valley are expanding. And there’s a lot of local talent that are helping put these communities on the map. With that attention, Fresno has the ability to become a top quality destination for entertainment, and our local economy can financially benefit from it based on the acts and performers we can bring to town at a consistent rate that can match the other commercial cities in California.
What I’m sharing with FresYes readers:
• Portrait of Drake Bell, Fulton 55, 2018. It was just him, alone, onstage with an acoustic guitar, showcasing himself as a musical solo talent than just as a well-known actor.
• Portrait of lead singer Nathan Hunt of Southern alternative metal band Shaman’s Harvest at Fulton 55, 2017.
• A Nameless Ghoul (guitarist) for the Swedish metal band Ghost at the Rainbow Ballroom in the summer of 2017. The identity of the guitarist along with other members of the band remain a mystery because no one knows who they are or what they look like.
• Close-up of lead singer/guitarist Dee Radke of the garage rock band Radkey at Strummer’s, 2017. The band consists of three brothers, and with his vocals matching The Offspring and Glenn Danzig and their diverse appearance, they are one of the most unique, up-and-coming bands in the music industry.
• Lead singer Dustin Bates of the futuristic rock project Starset at Fulton 55, January 2017. No lie, the band members wear space suits during their shows while utilizing a space-like, futuristic light show, definitely appealing to someone who is a sci-fi, Star Wars or Star Trek fan.
• Guitarist Shawn Patterson of the metal band Vyces at Frank’s Place, 2016. A band that consists of former members from Breaking Benjamin, Heart-Set Self-Destruct, and Old Fashioned Beatdown, and they are on the rise, be on the lookout for them.
• Comedian, the “fluffy” man, Gabriel Iglesias, at the Paul Paul Theater at the Fresno Fair 2017. With his impressions, stories, and lovable personality, no wonder the Central Valley loves this funny man and he sells out every time he comes to town.
• Lead singer Papa Emeritus 0, of the Swedish metal band Ghost, at the Rainbow Ballroom in the summer of 2017. Theatrics is a big part of their act, especially the singer, who has been through four iterations of his name. Hs identity hadn’t been revealed until recently; he is …Tobias Forge.
• Buckethead, guitar maestro, Tower Theatre, 2016. Yes, he does wear a bucket over his head, and wears a white mask, but it doesn’t take away his reputation as being one of the most innovative guitar players in the history of rock.
• The indie rock band Magic Giant: Zang (left), Zambricki Li (middle), and Austin Bisnow (right), at Strummer’s, March 2018. I would distinguish their roles by the instruments they play, but they play everything, which makes their music so eclectic that it has a spiritual and uplifting sound.
Here’s where people can find more of my work: You can see photographs on my Instagram and view my videos on my YouTube page.
And you can read the articles I’ve written for Kings River Life Magazine:
HardKor Media is my media company. If anyone is looking for someone to do a photo or video shoot in regards to live music or music video, commercial, stand-up comedy, or comic book convention, or an event along those lines you can reach out to me through email, firstname.lastname@example.org or my cell phone (559) 367-5637.
All photos courtesy of Steven Sanchez
Blogger since forever. Likes good TV, cheap champagne, and giving pets stupid names. Can usually be found with her dog, Captain Fishsticks.
Latest posts by Heather McLane (see all)
- “Coming to Fresno”: Eat McDowell’s and watch the Zamunda Lions play Thursday - June 19, 2018
- Here’s what you should do this weekend - June 15, 2018
- Get tix now for fantastic CSU Summer Arts performances - June 13, 2018