Baseball isn’t just a game. It’s really an experience. The crack of the bat. The summer heat on your back. A hot dog in one hand and, for me, a Twitter feed in the other. But one of my favorite parts, the part that always gives me chills, is the singing of the national anthem. There’s nothing like hearing “The Star-Spangled Banner” with my cap over my heart, watching all my favorite players in a line, doing the same. It doesn’t get more American than that!
You can be a part of this time-honored tradition if you’re picked to sing the national anthem for the Fresno Grizzlies this season! The Grizzlies will be holding open auditions beginning this weekend! Both individuals and groups are being invited to come show their skills. The first preliminary audition will be this Saturday, February 28th, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Sierra Vista Mall in Clovis. South Valley singers can go to Hanford Mall on March 7th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Those who make it past the first round will be asked to go down to Chukchansi Park for a final audition on March 22nd. More information and a sign-up form can be found here on the Grizzlies website.
If singing isn’t your thing, there are other ways you may be able to get involved with the Grizzlies other than going to a game (although that is always highly encouraged by me)! Now how’s this for pressure? The Fresno Grizzlies are currently hiring their official scorer for the season! You can be the person who makes all the judgement calls about errors, unearned runs, wild pitches and so much more! Of course, prior experience is required. You can find all the details and apply here.
Finally, for the rest of us: We can enter to win tickets to Opening Day on April 9th and have the chance to throw out the first pitch of the 2015 season. Well, maybe still not me. I’ve had the chance to go up to the pitcher’s mound quite a few times to help ValleyPBS characters throw out the first pitch, and I’m pretty sure I would embarrass myself. I am just going to remain a watcher of baseball and an escorter of beloved mascots. But you all can try you luck here!
And as always, if you simply want to be a spectator like me, you can buy tickets online or call (559) 320-HITS.
This Week In Fashion
- One of my favorite stores, Tsu Tsu Boutique, is holding a Clear the Rack Sale through February 28th to make room for new inventory, with all clothing being discounted to 70% off! Hurry to Old Town Clovis now!
- It looks like Kwirkworld’s inventory went faster than they thought it would. Their final day will be February 27th. I am still depressed.
- Fresno Grizzlies Unveil New Valley-Centric Uniforms and Logos - January 31, 2019
- Date with your Pup? Fresyes, Please! - December 10, 2018
- AR Workshop takes wine and painting to the next level - October 10, 2018