Let’s face it: Most of us would love to have a closet full of the latest designer looks. Unfortunately, many of us can’t afford to pay $200 for a sweater or $500 for a purse – or simply don’t want to. That’s where Tsu Tsu Boutique in Old Town Clovis comes in!
Tsu Tsu Boutique is a designer resale shop that stocks jeans, tops, dresses, shoes, bags and accessories. Brands run from super high-end designers like Louis Vuitton and Gucci to more affordable ones like Juicy Couture and Betsey Johnson.
Styles are current, clothes are gently used or sometimes even new with tags, and prices are drastically lower than what you’ll find in department stores. Tsu Tsu Boutique also frequently offers additional discounts, like an extra 40% off dresses or 30% off storewide.
The boutique’s inventory is ever-changing. You can keep up with the latest and hottest items on Instagram and Facebook. The store will sometimes even hold an item for you if you leave a comment!
Where does all this fabulous stuff come from? Closets all around Fresno and Clovis! (Maybe even yours?) Unlike a traditional consignment store, owner Osry Tsudama buys the clothes outright from women. She holds specific buying days and only takes clothes that can be sold in the store during the upcoming season.
Selling to Tsu Tsu Boutique is a great way to get rid of designer items you don’t want anymore to make room in your closet. Tsudama pays women 30% of what she thinks she can price items to sell at – so unless you have Chanel, don’t expect to make a huge amount of cash. But it’s nice to get any chunk of change for things that are otherwise just taking up space – and if you’re a fashion lover like me, nice to know that items you loved but are no longer using are getting a new life with someone else!
A few things to know while you’re trying to decide what to bring into the store:
- Tsu Tsu Boutique’s target customers are in their ‘20s and ‘30s.
- Tsudama only accepts designer & brand name items. I brought a few items from Anthropologie, H&M and Target. They were (very nicely) set aside.
- Items must not be outdated or show too much wear.
- Tsudama is especially careful about buying shoes. They won’t be accepted if they have any scuffs or marks. She told me that people are very wary of buying used shoes, so they’re hard to sell.
- That being said, most pairs of shoes at Tsu Tsu Boutique are priced under $20. Which is great for those who are looking to buy, but not that profitable for those looking to sell. (That being said, I sold Tsudama two pairs of new shoes anyway, because they weren’t doing me any good sitting in my closet!)
- Purses are among the most expensive items in the store and will net you the most profit. Coach bags are extremely popular if you have them.
- Designer jeans are also in high demand at Tsu Tsu Boutique.
Overall, I had a great experience at Tsu Tsu Boutique. Whether it’s to buy or sell, I highly encourage you to check it out! Tsu Tsu Boutique is located at 438 Pollasky, between 4th & 5th Streets.
- Fresno Grizzlies Unveil New Valley-Centric Uniforms and Logos - January 31, 2019
- Date with your Pup? Fresyes, Please! - December 10, 2018
- AR Workshop takes wine and painting to the next level - October 10, 2018