For those of you who don’t know, we are still trying to sell our old house in Sunnyside. It seems that the Sunrun solar on our roof creates a lot of questions and nervousness. But it is due to people not really understanding what solar, solar leasing, and how Sunrun all work. So here are some of the questions I have heard and my answers!
- Isn’t solar always so expensive to start? No, it isn’t ALWAYS expensive to start. It depends on what you do for solar. When you do the Sunrun solar service you are actually leasing the solar panels and everything from them. So there isn’t an upfront purchase.
- Isn’t having solar a lot of work with the maintaining, cleaning, monitoring, etc? No! 1 of the great things about Sunrun and leasing the solar is that they monitor the system constantly. If there is a problem with your system and it quits producing, Sunrun takes care of it.
- So does that mean people are always around in order to monitor your system? No, all monitoring is off site. You can even see how your system is doing online.
- A lease? Don’t you always lose money on leases? Remember, this isn’t a car. This is a 20 year lease agreement. Technology will probably change a lot in 20 years and you probably can’t sell the panels off your house.
- 20 years? So what happens if I move? The new owner of your home takes over your solar lease. There is a simple process where a credit check is run and some forms are filled out.
- But are your bills really lower? Yes, they really are! My husband just put together a spreadsheet on our savings for our realtor. We have saved over $750 in the last year alone. Sunrun customers save an average of 20% on their electricity costs.
- What if I do all this and my house isn’t good for solar? Some houses are solar challenged but if Sunrun can’t save you money, they won’t sell you on a system! I like honestly from a company like that.
- So did you get all those cool cash back rebates from the government? Well, no. Those rebates will go to Sunrun because they actually own the system and not you. But just remember, those rebates are just a portion of the money invested in your system. And you don’t have to cough up those funds.
So there are the basics of my solar with Sunrun. Do you have any other questions? Do you already have solar? Do you love it?
Oh and did I mention?
You can see all the homes in this area available HERE.