Well folks, it’s November. Judging by the decor at Target and red cups at Starbucks, that means it’s basically Christmas, right? Sometimes I cringe at how we seem to skip past the thankfulness and loved ones we share pumpkin pies with – but then I remember why everyone just wants to squeeze a little more Christmas in each year. Some years, I like to have a “Christmas bucket list.” Items on said list include: peppermint mochas, walking Christmas Tree Lane, wearing a cute knit beanie once a week, visiting Shaver Lake, seeing if my toddler will successfully sit on Santa’s lap, and hearing Christmas carolers.
This year, a new item has made the official Christmas bucket list is One Enchanted Evening in Old Town Clovis. One Enchanted Evening was started 11 years ago, and every year Old Town gets adorned in white twinkle lights and Christmas carolers for this FREE event you don’t wanna miss. Whether it’s a holiday date night just you two, or a family outing to bundle up, every year thousands gather for a stroll under the chilly, starry sky.
Here are a few things you have to look forward to when you arrive:
- Hot chocolate (served by Santa’s elves, thank you very much)
- The best of the Old Town Clovis shops, doors open, decked out in Christmas garb
- Horse drawn carriage rides (but be sure to bundle up for a warmer wait in line!)
- A lot of lovely locals taking in the good Christmasy vibes!
ALL AGES, NO TICKETS REQUIRED.
Thursday, November 19, 5-8pm in Old Town Clovis (Pollasky & 4th Street)
For updates, visit the Old Town Clovis Facebook page.
- Young Chef’s Academy Cooks Up Fun for All Ages - February 8, 2016
- Valentine’s Day Shopping Spree at The Foundry Collective! - January 25, 2016
- Flower Child Boutique: The Road to Peace, Love, and Fashion. - January 18, 2016