For those who want to go out and party:
- Strummers and Love the Captive will co-host a NYE party from 9pm – 1:30am at 833 E. Fern in the Tower District. DJs DJKase, LX$, Cheeks and Hunts will keep the music going and the cover charge is only $5. (21 and over).
- Famed local musician Richie Blue and Friends will be playing live jazz, blues, rock and ballads all night at DiCicco’s in Old Town Clovis. This party, taking place at 408 E. Clovis Ave. will begin at 9:00 and go until 12:30am. A $20 cover includes appetizers and champagne toast at midnight.
- The Pines Resort in Bass Lake with host a Glitz and Glam New Year’s Eve Party in their lodge overlooking Bass Lake from 8pm – 12:30am. Tickets are $15 per person (or free with the purchase of a four course dinner at Ducey’s Restaurant) and party favors, light snacks, a photo booth, champagne toast and awesome view of fireworks over the lake at midnight are all included. (Ages 12 and up welcome.)
- Celebrate the New Year with Full Circle Brewery in its new location at Audie’s Olympic (1426 N. Van Ness) from 5pm on for just $5. All ages are welcome at this 2019 NYE party. (Brews available for 21 and over only of course.) Music from Boha and Boom Boom Brady throughout the evening.
- Campagnia will host its annual New Year’s party as well from 9pm to 1am. Party favors, satellite bars, music by DJ Trey and a complimentary champagne toast will be provided.
For those who want to celebrate with their whole family:
- An all ages buffet and gaming party will be offered at Dave & Busters from 11am to 2pm at a special price. For $34.11, each guest will enjoy Bar Burgers, Crispy Chicken Bites, Four Cheese Pizza Bites, Baked Mac & Cheese, French Fries, a Churro Station, Unlimited Soft Drinks and a $20.00 power Card- Tax and Gratuity are also included.
- No Surrender Laser Tag and Adventure Park in Clovis will offer special family or individual packages for their NYE party, taking place from 8pm to 1am. Packages will include: appetizers and dinner buffet, unlimited laser tag, adventure course use and VR and arcade gaming. The cost for a family of 4 will be $160 or for an individual, $45.
- Tiny Tots Playground will offer a special noontime celebration for the littlest party-goers and their family members. Tiny Tots is a child-focused indoor play place that hosts regular activities throughout the week. Memberships are available, but this “Countdown to Noon” party is also open to drop in guests. The cost per child is $10 for the first child and $5 for additional siblings. There will be a balloon drop when the clock strikes noon, and plenty of fun things to do and snacks to enjoy throughout the celebration. Tiny Tots playground is located at 2930 E. Nees, Ste. 105.
For those who want to stay in:
- If you’re staying in but hosting guests – consider purchasing a Murder Mystery kit online and playing a themed game with your crew! My Mystery Party is a website offering games and all the info you need to set them up, via instant downloads for around $40. Check them out here.
- And finally, the easiest way to ring in 2019 – order your favorite take out food and have it delivered via Uber Eats, Door Dash or your favorite pizza delivery driver and watch the latest hit movie on Netflix that everyone and their dog is talking about, Bird Box staring Sandra Bullock. This celebration requires no real pants, so it’s clearly an excellent option.
Whatever you decide to do, remember to always designate a driver if you’ll be drinking. Be safe and have fun! See you next year! (Had to do it. 😉)
Natali Carrera is a devoted coffee addict who also loves her nine-year-old son, husband of 14 years and bargain hunting at Target. She works full time with ValleyPBS as their Director of Educational Services and is also a freelance writer and YouTube vlogger (as a hobby). She's been told "bubbly" is the best descriptor of her personality, though she wonders if what people really mean is that she talks too much. Natali is a lifelong Fresno resident and Fresno State grad.
Latest posts by Natali Carrera (see all)
- Small Business Highlight: Brooke Creative Co. - May 23, 2019
- Free and Low-Cost Summer Fun in Fresno for 2019 - May 16, 2019
- Things to Do: The Old Town Flea in Clovis this Mother’s Day Weekend - May 9, 2019