If there’s one thing I’ve gained from my first few months here at FresYes, it’s a true love of shopping local. So as we’re staring down the biggest shopping weekend of the year, there’s really only one thing I want to write about: What deals are our beloved local stores offering for Black Friday and Small Business Saturday?! I took a survey of shop owners to find out!
One of my favorite places, Tsu Tsu Boutique, is now under new ownership but still has the same great deals on pre-loved designer goods. They are actually offering 30% off your entire purchase from now until New Year’s. Additionally, for Black Friday and Small Business Saturday, the first five customers each day will get ANOTHER 30% off their purchase on top of that.
Bebe O’s Boutique, newly relocated in the Tower District, will be closed on Black Friday, because they believe it doesn’t make sense to try and compete with the big box stores. BUT on Small Business Saturday, they’re doing something that sounds like a ton of fun: a Secret Sale. I’ll let them explain for themselves: ”The Secret Sale works this way: Clients bring their purchase to the register where they will pull a slip of paper. The paper contains their discount. It will be 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, or 100% off their entire purchase of regular priced items. The Secret Sale has always been fun and exciting for our clients. We had a client pull the 100% off slip once and she was buying $175 worth of name brand jeans. She jumped up and down with joy. So cool!!!”
Visit Yoshi NOW! vintage store on Black Friday for to have hot tea, cocoa and cookies while searching for that perfect unique gift. You’ll be greeted in a fun way (I won’t ruin the surprise!) Says the store: “It is typically one of the funnest days of the year for us and, of course, we will make anyone a good deal on anything. After all, if they’ve chosen to be at Yoshi NOW! instead of the mall or WalMart. They are STARDUST. They are GOLDEN, and will be treated as such!”
A few quick notes on some other local stores:
- Clovis boutique Cowgirl Clutter (a personal favorite of mine, as you all know) will be giving away infinity scarves for every $50 purchase.
- Accessories store Julia Vogue will be having a store-wide sale, with items 20-75% off, only excluding Alex and Ani.
- Children’s boutique Ga Ga CHIC is planning on offering up to 40% off on apparel and shoes, an extra 50% off final sale items, and a huge Tea Collection blowout sale.
- BB Pepper is expanding the selection in their sales area.
- Madeleine’s Bridal Boutique is holding at Wedding White Event on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday, with sample gowns starting at only $100. Call them at 559-299-2619 to book an appointment.
- Little Black Dress Boutique will expand from their regular Friday hours, staying open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
I hope my list has made it a little easier for you to make plans to shop local after you’re done with all of your turkey and family time! I’ll see you out there, fellow fashionistas!
- Fresno Grizzlies Unveil New Valley-Centric Uniforms and Logos - January 31, 2019
- Date with your Pup? Fresyes, Please! - December 10, 2018
- AR Workshop takes wine and painting to the next level - October 10, 2018