We at FresYes are pretty certain our fellow Fresno residents know our fair is something special, but it sure is great to see it being recognized by others. We are please to share with you a run down of the recognition received by The Big Fresno Fair team for their work over the past year.
In recognition of their 2015 work, the Big Fresno Fair received top honors at the Western Fairs Association’s (WFA) 93rd Convention & Trade Show, where more than 1,200 fair CEOs, directors, staff and fair-related professionals from roughly 125 fairs throughout the Western United States attended to celebrate the greatest accomplishments of 2015. The Western Fairs Association (WFA), a non-profit trade association that serves the fair industry within the western United States and Canada. Their Achievement Awards recognize the best practices by fairs in a variety of categories from advertising creative to community involvement. This year, The Big Fresno Fair received an outstanding 26 Achievement Awards including first place finishes for the new Fresno County Historical Museum and a first place finish and blue ribbon for the annual Theme Poster.
“Every year we are honored and proud of the work we do as a team during The Big Fresno Fair and this year was especially remarkable. To be honored for the opening of our new Fresno County Historical Museum, which we could not have done without the help of our community, was exceptionally special,” said John C. Alkire, CEO, The Big Fresno Fair. “Taking home these WFA Awards are great because it brings national recognition to our Fair, our community and what we are doing here in the Central Valley. We hope you are as proud of The Big Fresno Fair as we are!”
Below is a complete list of WFA Achievement Awards received:
- Any Other Advertising Piece – 2015 Horse Racing & General Fair Coaster
- Anything Goes – Pre-Fair Media Outreach (Cinnamon Roll & Media Kit Drops)
- Fair-Time Commemorative Poster – 2015 Big Fresno Fair Theme Poster
- Guest Services – Employee Orientations & Focus on Customer Service
- Inspiring Collaborations – Fresno County Historical Museum
- Interim Event Rentals – Expo Comida Latina with Sysco, Central California
- Mobile Marketing – Big Fresno Fair iPhone App Update with Interactive Food Map
- New Community Outreach Program – Fresno County Historical Museum
- New Conservation Program of “Being Green” – Union Park and Overall “Clean & Green” Program
- Non-Profits: Your Own Collaborations – Fresno County Historical Museum & Friends of the Big Fresno Fair
- Outdoor Advertising – 2015 Big Fresno Fair 14’ x 48’ Outdoor Billboard
- Television: Single Ad – 2015 Big Fresno Fair Pre-Fair Savings Spot
- Crisis Management – Reconfiguring Infield Tunnel For Safety and a Better Customer Experience
- Fair Logo Contest – 2015 Big Times Are Back Theme Logo
- Fair-Time Advertising Poster – 2015 Big Fresno Fair Entertainment Poster
- New Children’s Program – Valley Children’s Hospital Visit With Grounds Entertainers
- Non-Profits: Outside Collaboration – Overall Partnership With The Salvation Army
- Online Advertising: Single Ad – 2015 $1 Wednesday Mania Push Down on FresnoBee.com
- Electronic Newsletter – Big Fresno Fair Fair-Time Eblast
- Magazine Ad – Central California Parent Magazine Full Page Ad
- New Agricultural Program – San Joaquin Valley Olive Oil Competition
- New Exhibits Competition – San Joaquin Valley Olive Oil Competition
- New Innovative Use of Technology – Big Fresno Fair iPhone App Update with Interactive Food Map
- Newspaper Ad: Color Print – 2015 Big Fresno Fair Spadea in Fresno Bee
- Online Advertising: Ad Series – Concerts, Pre-Fair and Fair-Time Savings and Horse Racing
- Themed Program – “In The Land of Big” Fair Food and Fun Creative
The Big Fresno Fair competed against other top fairs of its size such as California State Fair, Orange County Fair, San Diego County Fair, Washington State Fair, Arizona State Fair, Calgary Stampede and others.
The Big Fresno Fair was founded in 1884, and is the fifth largest fair in the state of California. More than 600,000 people from throughout the State visit each year making it the largest event in the Central Valley. The 2016 Big Fresno Fair will run October 5 – 16. For more information about The Big Fresno Fair, please visit www.FresnoFair.com.