Happy Thanksgiving!! Whether you’re just getting started in your day, stuffed full of turkey or simply avoiding your family members, I’m glad you’ve decided to spend a few minutes reading my words today. One of the things I’m most thankful for is getting the chance to share my love of all things Fresno with you!
Speaking of which, I would like to invite you to once again shop local this holiday season. To get you started, I’ve rounded up a list of deals for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and beyond from some of my favorite locally-owned shops. I guarantee you that you will probably avoid the madhouse if you shop at some of these stores instead!
First up, Christmas is already in full swing at The Foundry Collective. Head to their boutique in Old Town Clovis for everything from holiday decor to cozy winter gear. On Small Business Saturday, The Foundry will have drawings and giveaways. The first 100 customers will get a free gift with purchase: a hand-cut wood heart magnet from The Rugged Heart. “We are excited to support another small business as well as say ‘thank you’ to our customers remembering to shop small during the holiday season,” owner Karen Chisum said.
Meanwhile, another favorite store of mine, Top Drawer, also has plenty of fun things planned. They have teamed up with accessories designer Vera Bradley for Bright Friday, with specials on Vera Bradley’s ridiculously adorable Scottie Dogs line. The first eight customers in both the River Park and Fig Garden stores will get a free reusable Scottie Dogs tote (useful now that plastic bags are banned)! Top Drawer will be selling the Scottie Dogs zip top purse for half price, and on both Black Friday and Small Business Saturday, anyone who makes a Vera Bradley purchase of $100 or more will receive a free Scottie Dogs hipster purse. Plus, Top Drawer is offering free monogramming on all bags purchased at their River Park location on Friday and at the Fig Garden store on Saturday.
While you’re out at River Park, make sure you swing by the Fresno Grizzlies pop-up shop. On Black Friday, ALL full-priced items will be 60 percent off. Plus, the talented Grizzlies design team will be unveiling a Fresno Tacos Ugly Christmas Sweater and a special Black Friday line, complete with a black on black Tacos hat and more. There will be game and giveaways, and DJ Kay Rich will be spinning at the River Park shop from 6 to 8 p.m. Deals and merchandise will also be available at the Grizzlies team store at Chukchansi Park.
As for what will be going on at some other favorite stores:
- Revival 23 in Old Town Clovis will be having a storewide sale Friday through Sunday. There will be new inventory put out each day and a few special items available for purchase, including a restock of The Cottage Greenhouse body care line – one of Oprah’s Favorite Things – that sold out on the first day it was in the store!
- Basilwood Farms will be having a Christmas Open House next weekend, on Dec. 3rd from 1 to 5 p.m., at its farm store and goat farm in Prather. All vanilla items will 10 percent off, and new products will be unveiled. Plus, attendees will get first crack at signing up for Basilwood’s 2017 classes (which also make great holiday gifts)!
- Jewelry store Julia Vogue (which has locations at River Park and across the street at The Villagio) will be offering 30 to 75 percent off storewide all weekend.
Join us this Christmas season in shopping small, shopping local and supporting Valley businesses! Happy holidays from FresYes!
Latest posts by Joanne Lui (see all)
- Butterfish app makes ordering poke fast and easy - February 21, 2018
- The Annex Kitchen to be featured on “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” - January 4, 2018
- Enjoy these Christmas light displays before time runs out - December 19, 2017