Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in and around Fresno.
• Head to Sierra Vista Mall for the free Jingle Jam in the Park taking place from 6 to 8 p.m. at the community space in front of the movie theater. There will be snow, dancing, horse-drawn carriage rides, and the arrival of Santa!
• Fresno artist Bobby Von Martin will conduct an Artist’s Talk and host a Q&A about his solo show “A Native-American Perspective” at Vernissage gallery at 6 p.m. Von Martin is an enrolled member of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma and a resident artist at M Street Arts Complex in downtown Fresno.
• From 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Trans-E-Motion and Fresno State’s Cross Cultural and Gender Center will host Transgender Day of Remembrance at Fresno State. The annual Transgender Day of Remembrance is an event to honor the lives of transgender individuals who died from murder or suicide.
• It’s the last weekend to see Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Selma Arts Center. Tickets start at $15. Show is at 7 p.m. and again on Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
• Enjoy a glass of wine and live music from Boxcar Figaro at The Tasting Room. The fun starts at 7 p.m.
• Also at 7 p.m., take in a night of Cumbia music in downtown Fresno played by Grupo Klons. There will be plenty of dancing and plenty of beer in the Tioga-Sequoia Beer Garden.
• Grab the kids and enjoy food trucks, live music, and upcycling demos at Eaton Plaza in downtown Fresno. Recycle-Con 2018 is a free event that will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Get your holiday shopping started and bring your pet for photos with Santa at the Holiday Bake & Craft Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 pm. at the Valley Animal Center. Arrive early and purchase your favorite baked goods—all proceeds go back to helping homeless animals in the Central Valley.
• Diehardz & Son will host Brew Con, a family-friendly comic con, from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. at Full Circle Brewing Co. There will be cosplay, Butter Beer, vendors, food trucks, entertainment, music, and comedy. Tickets are $6 in advance, $8 at the door. Kids 12 and under are free.
• Gazebo Gardens Nursery will hold its annual Holiday Garden Party from 2 to 9 p.m. There will be live music, food trucks, food recipe demos, and holiday shopping.
• Enjoy music and swing dancing with Scats on the Sly from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Betty Rodriguez Regional Library. Admission is free!
• Live at Bitwise presents Omar Naré and Patrick Contreras in an evening of Chicano violin and guitar music. Arrive at 7 p.m. for pre-show cocktails and food. Seating will begin at 7:45 p.m. with the performance taking place at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25.
• It’s time again for the Nifty Thrifty Flea Market, which will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Find unique gifts for your loved ones among the host markets and vendors.
• See the Good Company Players in a production of Footloose at Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater. Show starts at 1 p.m. Buy your tickets here.
• The Women’s Art and Music Festival of Fresno will be held at the Tower Theatre from 3 to 6 p.m. WAMFF provides an eclectic showing of arts created by local female artists and made accessible to all people of all ages. Tickets are $12 for adults; kids 12 and under are free. Proceeds from ticket sales benefit the Tower Theatre.
• Fatty Cakes And The Puff Pastries will hold a show and LP Release at Strummer’s at 7 p.m. Tickets for this all-ages show are $10.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.
Latest posts by FresYes Writing Team (see all)
- FresYes Staff Member, Luis Parrales, Promoted to Director of Marketing! - March 11, 2019
- Spinning Into Control:Exercise and Anxiety by Ashley McBride - February 19, 2019
- Here’s what you should do this weekend - November 29, 2018