Getting your offer accepted is a challenge. It’s a competitive market. If you want to get your offer accepted I have a few tips to help you do that.
This last Wednesday I hosted a Broker’s Open for one of my listings. It was attended by almost 100. That tells me the home is priced right and it’s a neighborhood that people are going to be interested in. No doubt, this home will be getting plenty of offers and that’s what I want to talk about today.
How do you win in the competitive real estate environment today? How do you increase your chances to win?
You could pay cash. (and yes, not everyone has the resources to do that)
- Get a pre-approval. I didn’t say pre-qualified. I said pre-approval, with a pre-approval letter from a lender.
- Don’t lowball your offer. Make it your best one, the first time. You won’t get a second chance.
- Make sure your agent writes the offer properly the first time. Is your offer complete? Ask your agent if they’ve spoken to the listing agent about some of the things that the seller is looking for and then tailor your offer to better match what the seller wants.
- Your earnest money deposit. It’s ‘skin in the game’. You are telling the seller that you are a serious buyer. If you are a serious buyer, put a serious earnest money deposit down.
- Write a letter to the seller. Tell them about yourself. Tell them why you like their home. Tell them that you are willing to work with their timeline.
As for that property I mentioned, here’s a bit more about that.
- Thinking of buying a Condo? We say FresYes! - September 18, 2020
- Tom Seaver, exceptional human, who led ‘Miracle Mets’ to glory, dies at 75 - September 4, 2020
- Is that good ol’ American front porch making a come back? - August 14, 2020