I love writing about the people, places, and things to do in and around Fresno Fresyes but now that I have help in doing that I get to give you readers some thoughts, tips etc. on real estate right?!
Selling your home is a complex process and there are a lot of factors that you will need to consider. Your goal will be to
Sell your home in a timely manner, while getting the highest price you can
Although it is impossible to guarantee that you will receive your full asking price when you sell your home, there are things that you can do to increase the likelihood of this happening. You will need to have a strategy that attracts highly motivated buyers and improves your home over the competitions.
Here are some of my tips to keep in mind that will help you get the full asking price when selling your home. For the complete list you will have to call me 🙂
First of all, make sure that you have a reasonable asking price to start with. Your real estate agent will research your local real estate market and find out what other buyers paid for homes comparable to yours.
- Hire a home inspector to perform a full inspection of your home, then hire someone that can fix as many items as you can afford to. Most buyers over estimate the cost of a simple repair.
- First impressions are very important and can improve a buyer’s perception of your home’s value. Make sure that your property has plenty of curb appeal and feels welcoming. Think flowers!
- De-clutter and clean your home – this makes it appear more spacious and luxurious and will make a buyer willing to pay more.
- Ask your real estate agent to create a flyer that compares your home’s price to other similar listings in the area – showing that your home is a great deal. This will convince buyers that your asking price is already discounted.
- If you have the budget to renovate one of the rooms in your home, it should be the kitchen or the bathroom. Studies have shown that renovations and upgrades in those two rooms have the most impact on the potential selling price of the home.
- Whether you go at it on your own or you have a seasoned veteran agent like myself, make sure he/she doesn’t ignore this thing called the internet. You may know some of the more popular real estate syndication websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, and Trulia but there are hundreds more. I make sure all my listings appear on all of them… you should too.
With these tips, you should be more likely to achieve the full asking price when you are selling your home. For more tips, contact me or your trusted real estate professional. If you would like a free, honest estimate of your homes worth head on over HERE.
Have you seen our Fresyes Pic of the week contest? This week the winner will receive a $25.00 gift card to one of my favorite places, Powell’s Sweet Shoppe located around the corner from the movie theater at the Sierra Vista Mall in Clovis. They have every type of candy you can imagine and amazing Gelato! Yes that’s right you don’t have to go to the coast to get bubble-gum flavored Gelato. My family and I first discovered them last summer, they were sponsoring a movie night in the community park, what a wonderful surprise that a locally owned company would be playing a movie in the park that anyone could throw down a blanket and watch.
I love where I live, and I also love what I do. I'm lucky to be able to work in a profession in which I get to build relationships; one that has me meeting new people each and every day and helping them to build new lives in my beloved city. I'm lucky enough to work in a profession in which I can marry cutting-edge technologies and marketing techniques to good, old-fashioned, nose-to-the-grindstone work. I am lucky enough to work in a profession that allows me to work as an advocate for my clients; to use every tool at my disposal to get a job done well for them, and with as little stress and expense as possible.
I love my city. I love my job. One inspires my excellence for the other.
Fresno? I say FresYES