It’s nearly October, and the Big Fresno Fair is just two weeks away! The Big Fresno Fair has something for just about everyone’s interests and each year adds new exhibits, events and attractions in order to keep things fresh and exciting. If you want to start preparing now, we’ve got the scoop on Fair details, shows and discounts – all in one place. Links will be provided if you’re seeking more detailed information on any of the items summarized here.
Fair Dates & Hours
- The Big Fresno Fair will run from Wednesday, October 7th – Sunday, October 18th, 2015.
- Leading up to the Fair, the box office is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm. Once the Fair starts, the box office will be open from 9am – 8pm. The actual Fair itself is open at 11am on all weekdays (with the kiddie carnival area opening at noon and the main carnival area openings at 3pm) and the Fair will close at 10pm on all school nights. On weekends, the Fair will open at 10am, and close at midnight and both carnival areas will be open throughout all operating hours.
- Horse Races will be held at 1:15pm on Monday, Thursday and Friday and 12:15 on Saturday and Sunday. There will be no races on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Admission is $10 for adults, $7 for children ages 5 and up, military members and seniors (62 or older). Children under 5 are free. (Card payment is accepted, must have Visa or Mastercard symbol)
- Parking is $15 in the lot off of Chance Ave., $10 on Butler or in the Infield Lot and $5 at Cedar & Kings Canyon or Maple & Butler (Bring cash)
- Wheelchairs, electric scooters, strollers, double strollers, jogger strollers and wagons are available for rent if needed at $10-%15 per day at the Butler and Chance gates
- Pre-Fair Discounts
- If you plan to visit the Fair more than once, consider a Season Pass. For $30, you can visit everyday if you’d like! You can also purchase an unlimited ride wristband for $25 (once the Fair opens, this will be $30 on weekdays or $35 on weekends) Season passes and discounted wristbands are only available through October 6th, and you can buy them online or at the Box Office.
- If you’re looking for single day tickets, you can purchase them through October 6th at Save Mart or Food Maxx stores for $2 off and ride wristbands will also be available at a discounted price.
- O’Reilly’s Auto Parts has free child admission passes in store through the last day of the Fair (must accompany a paid adult) if you have children over 5, this is a great way to save money.
- Fair Time Discounts
- On opening day October 7th, all admission tickets and all rides are just $1 each!
- Be a Fair Facebook Fan or Twitter Follower, and you’ll get in free from 11am to 5pm on the 8th
- Seniors and persons with disabilities (along with chaperones) get in free on Monday, October 12th (gates open at 9am on this day)
- Les Schwab Tire stores will have $2 off admission coupons that can be used on Tuesday, October 13th
- On October 14th, all rides will be $2 (sponsored by Sun Maid)
- And on October 15th, if you bring in 5 canned food items to donate to those in need, your admission will be free
This year’s entertainment line up includes (in order): Jeff Foxworthy, The Band Perry, Nelly, Jack and Jack with opener Laura Marano, Gabriel Iglesias, Roberto Tapia, Paul Anka, Lacrae, Randy Houser, 311, Diana Ross, Sabrina Carpenter, 2 Chainz and Gloria Trevi. For ticket prices, show times and more, visit the Table Mountain Concert Series page here.
This year’s Fair Food lineup will include all of your Fair Favorites and many new items. Are you ready for this heart-stopping list of artery cloggers? (Just get a head start on the treadmill like, yesterday, and you’ll be set. Ha!) (List via FresnoFair.com, full details on food here.)
- Chicken Charlie will be back with new food items: Deep-Fried Slim Fast Bar, Deep-Fried Peanut Butter Pickle, Maui Shrimp Pineapple Bowl, Maui Chicken Pineapple Bowl and a Bacon-Wrapped Pickle
- Wild Bill’s Olde Fasioned Soda Pop Co. will be serving your favorite Pepsi products in Collectible Mugs & Barrels
- Cinnamon Roll Sundaes | Raisin, Walnut & Honey Stuffed Bread | Fresh Fruit Infused Waters at the Country Fair Cinnamon Rolls booth in the Commerce Building
- Deep-Fried Butter | Deep-Fried Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup | Deep-Fried Strawberry Shortcake | Chocolate Caramel Pecan Funnel Cake at Fat Fanny’s Funnel Cakes
- Chocolate Hazelnut Pie | Chocolate Ganache Pie | Raspberry Turnovers | Gluten-Free Muffins and Cupcakes at Willamette Valley Pie Co.
- Pink Popcorn and Fruit Loop Poporn at MKM Conessions
- Bacon Corn Dog | Rosemary Garlic Corndog | Mini Corn Dogs at Big Jim’s Dawg House
- Kid’s Meal at Colossal Dog, which includes Bite-Sized Corn Dogs, Fries and a Drink
- Fried Quesadilla at Pepe’s Mariscos
- Pesto Fries and California Fries at Wellmon Concessions
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream at Spud Shack
- Chipotle Chicken Bread & Teriyaki Chicken Bread at Indian Fry Bread
- Captain Crunch Shrimp-on-a-Stick at Sharky’s Fish Fry
- Greek Nachos at Sleek Greek
- Homemade Churros with and without fillings at the Churro Zone
- Hot Dogs and Kid’s Hot Dog Meal at Monster Dogs
While I head off to devour half a bottle of Tums after just reading that list, you should hop on over to the Big Fresno Fair page to learn more about anything you are most excited about and plan your 2015 Fresno Fair visit. There are far more exhibits than I could possibly recap here in summary form, so you’ll definitely want to check out that page for sure. See you at the “Big, big, big, big, BIG Fresno Fair!!!” (You know you’re singing the song right now too, don’t lie.) 🙂
- 9 Things To Know Before Fixing and Flipping a Fresno Home - May 26, 2022
- 9 Home Staging Tips & Tricks to Sell your Fresno or Clovis Home Faster! - May 12, 2022
- What Does A Listing Agent Do? - April 28, 2022