Today, Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Co. announced the music lineup for this year’s FresYes Fest, happening March 25 at its downtown location, just south of Chukchansi Park in Fresno.
You remember FresYes Fest, of course. Last year’s event—a collaboration between Tioga-Sequoia, New Rock 1o4.1, and guy-around-town-who-gets-things-done Mike Oz—was huge, drawing over 5,000 people to the brewing company for live music, food trucks, and craft beer.
This year’s event promises to be as big, if not bigger. Take a look at this list of bands scheduled to play the free—FREE—event, and tell me you aren’t excited.
- Strange Vine. One of Fresno’s most well-liked bands, this is Strange Vine’s second showing at FresYes Fest, this time as headliners. [Get to know Strange Vine]
- The John Clifton Blues Band: John Clifton, co-founder of the MoFo Party Band, brings his new band and high energy to the FresYes Fest stage. [Get to know John Clifton]
- Amoret: Synth-pop band Amoret, which cites Paramore as an influence, takes the FresYes Fest stage for the first time this year. [Get to know Amoret]
- Stoneshiver: Long-time fans of Fresno music know hard rock group Stoneshiver, which has played numerous festivals and opened for national bands. [Get to know Stoneshiver]
- The BOX: Self-described “new old school” party band The BOX will bring a variety of hip-hop, R&B, dance, and pop covers to the FresYes Fest stage. [Get to know The BOX]
- DJ Jess: DJ Jess from new hit music station 99.3 Now will close out the night with some dance music.
This is just the first of many cool announcements that will be rolled out in the two months leading to FresYes Fest, I’m sure. If last year was any indication, we can expect to learn more about the specialty beer selection, food trucks, and vendors that will be on hand.
So, you tell me. Which band are you most excited to see—again, for FREE—at FresYes Fest 2017?
- The Evolution of Single Family Homes: A Year’s Difference - September 13, 2023
- Exploring Real Estate Opportunities in Fresno: A Guide to Navigating Limited Housing Inventory - June 23, 2023
- Rugby, like FresYes, is a Community - May 17, 2023