Fall is here! (I feel as though that will actually come true here in Fresno if I say it to myself enough.) There are many things to love about fall. You can probably guess some of mine already: Halloween, playoff baseball, cooler weather. Another one of my favorite things? It’s finally boot season again!
The hunt for the perfect boots is kind of like a sport to me – a sport I play pretty much every October. Here are a few things I always consider:
- Style: What kind of boots are you looking for? Riding boots? Over the knee? Booties? Stilettos? There are so many options that narrowing down a style can keep you from being overwhelmed. I have boots in every style, but I usually shop for one type at a time.
- Material/Price: These two things are directly related. Genuine leather boots will naturally cost at least twice as much, if not more. But they may be worth the investment. Decide if you can afford to spring for leather boots, or if you’re going to go with man-made materials, knowing that they may only last a season or two. I have a mix in my closet, usually buying trendy synthetic boots and hunting for classic leather pieces for bargain prices at outlets or at the end of the season.
- Fit/Comfort: I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought I found the perfect pair of boots online, only to have them arrive at my house and fit strange or look super weird on me. (“Why do my legs suddenly look like stick insects drowning in giant tubes?) So I prefer to go to stores and try them on in person now to avoid the disappointment. Make sure you walk around a lot. Find a full length mirror. Boots don’t fit the same on everyone the way a classic black pump or basic t-shirt do!
- Store: Chances are, you’ll end up going to several places. But it helps to know where you might have the greatest chances of success. I am a big fan of DSW and Macy’s because they have the hugest selections at a variety of prices. If you’re looking for a quick deal, then Target is definitely the way to go.
I know, I know. Your head is spinning. You’ve decided you’re just going to spend the fall and winter freezing your toes off in flip-flops, because it will probably take you trips to 10 different stores to find the perfect pair of boots. Luckily for you, I’ve done a little of the leg work (no pun intended). I present to you, the FresYes Ultimate Fall Boots Gallery, labeled by store, brand and price, so you can do a little window shopping before you head off on your adventure!
So now that you’ve had a look at what some of our local stores have to offer, hopefully you know exactly where to go to get the boots you want. I’d love to hear what you liked! And can you guess which ones I bought?
- Fresno Grizzlies Unveil New Valley-Centric Uniforms and Logos - January 31, 2019
- Date with your Pup? Fresyes, Please! - December 10, 2018
- AR Workshop takes wine and painting to the next level - October 10, 2018