The problem with this gig – and this is true #FirstWorldProblem status – is that it puts a dent in my wallet, because I never leave the stores I visit empty-handed. But I suppose this is good news because it means that we truly have a lot of great local shops in the Valley – and that I’m always adding cute things to my wardrobe.
This week, I went to Revival 23 in Old Town Clovis. I’ve been meaning to visit this boutique for weeks, ever since I saw one of their posts on Facebook and then couldn’t stop coveting all of the adorable clothes. But the store is so much more than just great clothing: Revival 23 also sells vintage furniture, bath and body products, purses, accessories and home decor. It’s basically a mini Anthropologie, but better, because it’s local, and its items aren’t ridiculously overpriced.
It’s not a big store, but it’s chock full of special stuff. Owner Teresa Pries told me she used to work in Florida as an interior designer for pro athletes – and it shows. She definitely has an eye for pretty things! She prides herself in stocking items that are unique.
Teresa calls Revival 23 a lifestyle boutique. According to the store’s Facebook, “Revival 23 is the rebirth of great styling for you and your home using new and restyled collections. Our Family travels California collecting treasures to restyle you and your home. We look for pieces that go beyond just the trendy look of the moment. We collect timeless pieces that tell a story of who you are, where you have traveled and where you are going next.”
I highly recommend you visit Revival 23 to refresh both your wardrobe and your house for spring! The store is located 453 Pollasky Ave. in Old Town Clovis. It’s kind of hidden away in a little breezeway of shops. Check out the photo below to see what to look for!
This Week in Fashion
- Since I sort of bashed them a couple weeks ago, I feel like I should admit that my friend Jennifer and I visited Hot Topic last week and kinda liked it. As my birthday gift, she braved the place with me and let me pick out one thing. The store is still too cramped (I knocked over at least 3 things with my purse) and it’s certainly not local, but until Kwirkworld decides to magically come back from the dead, it’s definitely the place to get my pop culture fix! (My one item was a pair of Hogwarts PJ pants, by the way. I know you’re jealous!)
This Week in Baseball
- First, a big congrats to Derek Franks on being named the new general manager of the Fresno Grizzlies. I’ve gotten to know Derek a bit over the past few months in his former role as executive vice president of the club, and I can’t imagine anyone better to lead the team in this new era. Derek has been with the Grizzlies since he started as an intern a dozen years ago. I loved the quote he gave at his press conference, “I’m not from San Francisco and I’m not from Texas. I’m from Fresno. We’re listening to what the fans here want.”
- Secondly, you should definitely vote in the Grizzlies’ #FresnoFamous Bobblehead tournament. The winner will have his or her likeness featured on a bobblehead, to be given to 1,500 Grizzlies fans at the game on August 22nd. The starting field of 64 is chock full of great competitors, from standards like Ashley Swearingen and Kopi Sotiropolus to hilarious surprises like Cher and Waving Lady on 41. I was especially tickled by the fact that siblings Derek and David Carr were pitted against each other, as were Heidi and Nick Watney. I tweeted this, and Heidi called the Grizzlies “mean” in jest, but MLB Network analyst seems confident she can beat her golf pro brother! No official comment yet from the Carr brothers. 😉 If you fill out a physical bracket and bring it to the Grizzlies box office by 5 p.m. on Friday 13th (oh hey!), you’re eligible for two tickets to an April home game.
- Fresno Grizzlies Unveil New Valley-Centric Uniforms and Logos - January 31, 2019
- Date with your Pup? Fresyes, Please! - December 10, 2018
- AR Workshop takes wine and painting to the next level - October 10, 2018