General rules for blogging at FresYes.com
- Authors are expected to write about the people, the places, and the lifestyle of Fresno and do so in a positive way.
- Posts must be at least 300 words in length and contain at least one image.. More is better.
- We like when you use the term “FresYes” (note the capitalization)
- All posts must be original and exclusive to FresYes.com – do not plagiarize or repurpose previously written content. No other person, corporation, or entity has any rights or interest to the writing or images. Authors must assure that the writing does not violate any copyright, trademark, or any other intellectual property right of any third party.
- All factual statements in the writing are true and the writing does not contain any defamatory or unlawful statements.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Images used should be at least 900px wide and ones that you personally took or specifically have permission to use. We tend to use Landscape Style photos on the website and if you have your images in Portrait Style, we will generally crop what we can into landscape.
- Some links back to your site or the topic’s site are fine but don’t go overboard. Hyperlinks back to a writers personal web sites are permitted but should be used sparingly.
- NEVER publish your post yourself, just save it as a draft and let us know it’s ready.
- Once your post is published, you are expected to push it out to FB, Twitter, Linkedin and other applicable social networks. We will do the same from our end.
- You are also expected to answer all comments and enter into discussions that happen about your posts in a timely manner.
We’re all happy humans. We want to you to be a happy human too. Have fun with your writing. Write in your voice. Slang is fine (within limits) but cuss words are not. Always check your spelling. Having a personality is good. Having an opinion is good too. Keep it upbeat. Don’t be a Debbie Downer.
Commenters on the interwebs can be harsh, never respond in anger. Take none of it personally. If you are having an issue with someone or a comment, tell us and we’ll have others fight for you.
If you are cool with all of that…