Thinking of buying a condo? There’s no better time than now, in fact, we have a few great listings available – you can view them here.
There are a lot of benefits that come from condo ownership, in fact, you could even think about it as “Home Ownership: Lite” – no yardwork, easy to rent on VRBO or Airbnb – and close to fabulous locations.
First, you may be asking yourself: What Is a Condo?
Well, first, the formal name is
Second, you may be asking, Why Would I Buy a Condo and Not a House?
It’s more convenient, and a less expensive investment, most of the time. The cost of any property depends on the size, property value and neighborhood. However, our experts note buyers spend less on a condo than single-family detached homes. Additionally, condos keep their value much longer than traditional style homes.
If you’re wondering, How will condo ownership be different?
Condo owners tend to live in much closer proximity than traditional homes, fostering a more immediate sense of community.
When researching this topic, we found that US News interviewed a condo owner, Mark Scott – here’s what he had to say:
“Like most Americans, once you drive into that garage, you don’t come back out until the next day. Living in a condo you see your neighbors in the elevator or at the pool or in the lounge and lobby,” Scott says. “You’re also more likely to go back out because many condos are in areas where interesting bars, restaurants, parks, and so on are within an easy walk. So I found myself much more active and met many more of my neighbors and did things with them more often than I ever did living in a house.”
Our personal owners and condo tenants shared their six favorite things about Condo living with us, here’s what they had to say:
- Community – Like Mark said, by living in a condo you’ll naturally be around more people. Since units are closer together and there are many more common areas like party rooms, fitness centers, and pools, you have plenty of opportunities to meet your neighbors, which can be so nice if you’re ready to expand your social circle, have just moved to the area – or have recently found yourself in an empty nest.
- Travel – Remember when you could just up and decide to go to the coast, 15 minutes later you were out the door? If you don’t.. then you must be living in a house! You can’t always just leave your house – there are lots of responsibilities to consider, such as the yardwork, maintenance and more – hence the term ‘House Sitter’. A condo though? Lock it up and head to Europe for a month!
- Green – In a world full of commutes and carpools, not only will you save the earth by being a walking or riding distance to so many restaurants and shopping centers but you will save green in fuel cost as well.
- Safety – Unlike a home, you’re never far from people in your condo. This really pays off when you have an emergency. Remember that time your cable went out in the middle of the season finale of Scandal? Well, ok, that wasn’t an emergency, but if one was to occur – you’d be in good hands with your new condo community.
- Security – Still afraid of who may be driving around out there at night? I don’t blame you, I am. But it’s nothing that the security of a condo can’t fix for you. Gate code access, security, cameras, and plenty of neighbors leads to fewer break-ins and a warm, fuzzy, safe feeling inside.
Now that you know some of our favorite value benefits of condos, we hope you’re wondering, “How do I get my own?”
Well, my friend, we’re here to help! Here’s the link to all of my best condo listings.
I love where I live, and I also love what I do. I'm lucky to be able to work in a profession in which I get to build relationships; one that has me meeting new people each and every day and helping them to build new lives in my beloved city. I'm lucky enough to work in a profession in which I can marry cutting-edge technologies and marketing techniques to good, old-fashioned, nose-to-the-grindstone work. I am lucky enough to work in a profession that allows me to work as an advocate for my clients; to use every tool at my disposal to get a job done well for them, and with as little stress and expense as possible.
I love my city. I love my job. One inspires my excellence for the other.
Fresno? I say FresYES
Latest posts by Jason Farris (see all)
- End of April: What’s Hot & Happening! - April 25, 2019
- Happy Easter! It’s What’s Hot and HOPPING this Weekend… - April 18, 2019
- What’s Hot & Happening This Weekend - April 11, 2019