Right now you might be focused on Thanksgiving. It’s a great time to gather with family and friends to express gratitude for the good stuff in our lives. But for many, Thanksgiving isn’t just about family; it’s also about the friends who have become like family. That’s why Friendsgiving has become such a popular tradition, a time to celebrate the special bonds of friendship with a relaxed meal and shared laughter. Emphasis on that “Relaxed” part.
What’s the Deal with Friendsgiving?
Friendsgiving is a newer tradition, but it has quickly gained popularity. It’s usually held on the day before Thanksgiving, giving you a chance to celebrate friendship and gratitude with your friends in a more laid-back setting than traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Friendsgiving can take many forms, from potlucks to fancy sit-down dinners, but the main point is always to enjoy each other’s company and express appreciation for the friends who make our lives richer.
We think the key to a successful Friendsgiving is to focus in on the “relaxed” part. Some of the best Friendsgivings are where you just pick a time and place to meet and just let whatever happens happen.
The Eureka! “Drinks”giving
That’s where we really like what our friends at Eureka! are doing with their “Drinks”giving late night hoppy hour. (all the puns intended)
In celebration of everyone being back in their hometown, Eureka! is featuring amazing food and drink specials on Wednesday, November 22 from 9pm to close.
Let’s talk bevies…
Yes, they have a bunch of rotating beers on tap as well as the house wines but their Hoppy Hour also offers up a few hand made cocktails too.
Hey, it’s Friendsgiving – let’s celebrate!
- The Wild Child – vodka / watermelon / mint / lemon / aloe / rosé / and habanero salt seems to be their most popular and definitely sounds incredible.
- The Old Fashioned – rye / sugar / bitters is always a great standard that you can’t go wrong with but our absolute hoppy hour favorite has to be the…
- Industry Margarita – tequila / pineapple / ginger / orange / cilantro. It’s something we would order even if it wasn’t hoppy hour.
Something to nibble on?
There’s always the full menu option but since we’re doing hoppy hour we’ll stick to just that part for this post. As soon as you place your drink order you could probably also just order one of each…
- Mac N’ Cheese Balls – beer cheese sauce / FresYes chiles / chives / Parmesan / ranch. We’ll just let the picture below tell you just how good they are.
- Truffle Cheese Fries – truffle salt / Parmesan / chives / decadent white truffle cheese sauce – There’s never enough of these but they can always make more.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – brie / mozzarella / havarti / tortilla chips / focaccia garlic crostinis. That deserves another picture, right? We think so.
Now of course we know we all have that one friend who needs more than just apps – and you know what? That’s ok! It’s Friendgiving and we’re not going to stress. For them the hoppy hour menu has the Eureka! American Burger. It’s american Swiss / grilled red onion / butter lettuce / house pickles / tomato / special sauce and looks just like this!
Of course, as loyal FresYes readers know, we couldn’t write about burgers or Eureka! without mentioning it – even if it’s not on the Hoppy Hour Menu…
The FresYes Fig Burger!
Yes we’re going to mention it again. How could you go wrong with fig marmalade / melted goat cheese / bacon / tomato / red onion / arugula / spicy porter mustard?
You just can’t!
Astute readers will also note that it’s misspelled on their menu so you’ll want to point that out to the manager so that they can correct it. 😉
So make this year stress free and simply set a time to all meet at Eureka! and let the fun begin.