Like you, we often start looking for a new place via the Yelp App. Also like you, we’ve seen plenty of times where Yelpers seemed to have gotten it wrong. Whether they did in this case, we’ll let you be the judge.
There’s a very easy poll after we introduce each of these where you can tell us your favorite place to get a cup of coffee.
Our Custom Google Map of Coffee Places in Fresno:
We’re also creating a great Google Map with all of these options.
Add a suggestion and we’ll put yours on there too!
The Top 10 Coffee Places in Fresno according to Yelp:
10. Kuppa Joy Grand Cafe: The number one review, raved about the Pumpkin Spiced Latte with Oatmilk. That checks out. Others liked the Avocado Toast, but keeping it on the Coffee / Tea topic others really liked the “Amazing Grace” or the “Hallelujah”. It was a while ago that we wrote about a Gilmore Girl connection to the shop. They are at 8821 N Cedar Ave Fresno, CA 93720.
9. The Frappe House at CrossCity: Find them at 2777 E Nees Ave Fresno, CA 93720. This one is a non profit that is largely staffed by volunteers. You would think that all the rave reviews would be about the Frapps but they were about the help and the environment.
8. The Mug: We’ve written about The Mug before. Natali interviewed the owners. It’s nice to see that they are doing well. The “Fog Breaker” and the “Punch in the Face”. They are at 1137 E Champlain Dr Fresno, CA 93720.
7. Aurum Coffee: You’ll find them at 2047 W Bullard Ave Fresno, CA 93711. As we’re just coming off the hotter months, the favs currently are iced drinks like the Lavender Matcha Oatmilk, or the Vanilla Latte.
6. Mi Cafesito: Just 26 reviews yet we were drawn in to the description “We offer and specialize in Latin America coffee beans and latin flavors.“. That is surely reflected in their Horchata or Mazapan Lattes, and Paleta Payaso, which has a chocolate cherry flavor. Find this family run biz in the Manchester Center at 3502 N Blackstone Ave Ste F-180 Fresno, CA 93726
5. Valparaiso Cafe & Roastery: Here’s yet another family run business. They are at 744 P St Ste 102 Fresno, CA 93721 and have a Chilean influence being from Valparaiso. Apparently that means hot but not as strong as we tend to here.
4. Fulton Street Coffee Roasters: First of all they are not on Fulton Street. Their location is actually 2011 Tuolumne St Fresno, CA 93721 (just around the corner). Coming in at #4 on Yelp we wrote about Octavio and Carlos when they first opened.
2. Bab Al-Yemen Cafe: Yes, they have Yemen coffee! Did you know that Yemen is from where almost all other beans have originated from? They have 130 solid reviews with a lot of them raving about the Mufawar. Check it out at 3173 W Shaw Ave. Fresno, CA 93711.
1. Clash Coffee & Boba: is also on Shaw at 21 E Shaw Ave Fresno, CA 93710. Popular here seems to be the “Mount Caramel” in either iced or hot format. It’s family owned as well and you know how much we like that!