Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in and around Fresno.
• Head to River Park at 10 a.m. for the Festival of Trees. Donated by community individuals and businesses, trees will be lavished with gifts and décor and raffled off for $5 per ticket. Proceeds from this event will help provide paid work experience for local survivors of human trafficking.
• It’s the last day to donate to the Fresno Grizzlies Supply Drive. The team is collecting supplies for families affected by recent California wildfires. From 2 to 5 p.m., drop off supplies at the Chukchansi Park VIP lobby. Click here for requested items.
• It’s Zoo Lights at Fresno Chaffee Zoo! This event, which starts at 5 p.m., will also happen Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy music, live entertainment, festive treats and beverages for adults and children, and free photos with Santa Claus. Tickets are $5-$9.
• Learn to sew your own reusable market bag! Head to Root Access Hackerspace at 6 p.m. for instruction and materials. Class is $25 ($20 if you bring your own material).
• Comedian Butch Escobar will headline Slice of Comedy at DiCicco’s Restaurant in Clovis. The fun starts at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $15.
• It’s the 25th anniversary of the Disney classic The Nightmare Before Christmas! See this masterpiece on the big screen at the Crest Theatre in downtown Fresno. The movie starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $6.
• Join Tree of Life Café for a Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting at its new location, 6640 N. Blackstone Ave., in Fresno.
• It’s opening night for Candy Cane Lane (aka Cindy Lane). Every night through Dec. 25, you can either walk or drive the lane from 6 to 10 p.m.
• Nate’s Silent Movie Christmas at The Revue will feature live piano music by Nate Butler. Cartoons start at 7 p.m., the movie is at 8 p.m. All ages are welcome. Pay what you want!
• Enjoy (?) Home Alone for FREE on the big screen at the Crest Theatre in downtown Fresno. The movie starts at 8 p.m.
• See 40 Watt Hype, The Morning Drive, and The Tough Love at Fulton 55. This 21+ show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets start at $8.
• At 5:30 p.m., join FresYes for Swede Fest 18 at the Tower Theatre. Bring the kids and enjoy home-made film parodies made by your fellow Fresnans! The show is free and open to all.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.
Latest posts by FresYes Writing Team (see all)
- FresYes Staff Member, Luis Parrales, Promoted to Director of Marketing! - March 11, 2019
- Spinning Into Control:Exercise and Anxiety by Ashley McBride - February 19, 2019
- Here’s what you should do this weekend - November 29, 2018