Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in and around Fresno.
• Head to River Park at 10 a.m. for the Festival of Trees. Donated by community individuals and businesses, trees will be lavished with gifts and décor and raffled off for $5 per ticket. Proceeds from this event will help provide paid work experience for local survivors of human trafficking.
• It’s the last day to donate to the Fresno Grizzlies Supply Drive. The team is collecting supplies for families affected by recent California wildfires. From 2 to 5 p.m., drop off supplies at the Chukchansi Park VIP lobby. Click here for requested items.
• It’s Zoo Lights at Fresno Chaffee Zoo! This event, which starts at 5 p.m., will also happen Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy music, live entertainment, festive treats and beverages for adults and children, and free photos with Santa Claus. Tickets are $5-$9.
• Learn to sew your own reusable market bag! Head to Root Access Hackerspace at 6 p.m. for instruction and materials. Class is $25 ($20 if you bring your own material).
• Comedian Butch Escobar will headline Slice of Comedy at DiCicco’s Restaurant in Clovis. The fun starts at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $15.
• It’s the 25th anniversary of the Disney classic The Nightmare Before Christmas! See this masterpiece on the big screen at the Crest Theatre in downtown Fresno. The movie starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $6.
• Join Tree of Life Café for a Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting at its new location, 6640 N. Blackstone Ave., in Fresno.
• It’s opening night for Candy Cane Lane (aka Cindy Lane). Every night through Dec. 25, you can either walk or drive the lane from 6 to 10 p.m.
• Nate’s Silent Movie Christmas at The Revue will feature live piano music by Nate Butler. Cartoons start at 7 p.m., the movie is at 8 p.m. All ages are welcome. Pay what you want!
• Enjoy (?) Home Alone for FREE on the big screen at the Crest Theatre in downtown Fresno. The movie starts at 8 p.m.
• See 40 Watt Hype, The Morning Drive, and The Tough Love at Fulton 55. This 21+ show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets start at $8.
• At 5:30 p.m., join FresYes for Swede Fest 18 at the Tower Theatre. Bring the kids and enjoy home-made film parodies made by your fellow Fresnans! The show is free and open to all.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.