Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in and around Fresno.
• The Metal Alliance Tour hits Full Circle Brewing Co. at 5 p.m. This all-ages show will feature food, beer, and vendors. Tickets are $27.
• Touch of Gravy will perform the tunes of the Grateful Dead at Gazebo Gardens’ Food Truck Party Night Extravaganza Jubilee starting at 5 p.m. Eat, drink, and dance to your heart’s delight.
• Wild and Scenic Film Festival 2018: Wild and Scenic Rivers are Our Rivers will start at Bitwise at 6 p.m. Festival-goers can expect to see award-winning films about nature, community activism, adventure, conservation, water, energy and climate change, wildlife, environmental justice, agriculture, Native American and indigenous cultures. Suggested donation of $25 for non-members.
• Learn to hike! At 6:30 p.m. at Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Co., REI experts will share tips and tricks on all aspects of hiking, including trip planning, essential items, equipment, and safety precautions, along with local resources and places to go.
• Comedian Daniel Weingarten takes the stage at The Revue Coffee Bar Backroom at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $20.
• The Hillbilly Jazz Band will be at Tap & Cellar from 8 to 10 p.m.
• Ray Moore and the Get Down Band will perform at Kocky’s at 9:30 p.m. Kitchen is open until midnight.
• The Kearney Renaissance Faire will be at Kearney Park Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. both days. See Medieval battles, enjoy an artisan marketplace, and partake in an extensive food court. Cost is $15 for adults and $10 for kids, seniors, and military.
• Yarn shop Anzula is celebrating its move to a new location with Anzula-Palooza! starting at 11 a.m. Admission is free for this event, which will feature a pop-up shop, Yarnover Truck, Swatches Yarn Studio, and tons of local artisans, plus food trucks, live music, and factory tours.
• The One World Water Lantern Festival will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. at Woodward Park. Witness the magic of lanterns as they light up the water. Tickets are $25 in advance, $40 at the event.
• El Diablito Fest, Fresno’s First Spicy Snack Food Festival, takes place at Tioga-Sequoia Brewing from 5 to 11 p.m. This free, all-ages event features all your fave spicy snacks plus art, piñata sessions, and music.
• Parabolic Art + Design will host “Fresnoir: Found Photos from a Missing Private Eye,” a show of black and white photography inspired by Fresno and Film Noir, from 7 to 10 p.m. Period cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. Curated music inspired by film noir soundtracks.
• See Bone Thugs-n-Harmony live at the Azteca Theater at 7 p.m. Tickets for this all-ages show are $20-$40.
• Soccer fans who like to get up early (or stay up realllly late) can see Liverpool take on Fulham at Strummer’s at 4 a.m.
• The monthly Draggin’ the Main Cruise Night will take place in downtown Fresno starting at 3 p.m. Cruising and parking on Fulton Street is free and open to the public, but please follow local traffic laws.
• The Poet Laureate Presents Bi-monthly Reading Series is back for the month of November with another set of local and abroad writers sharing their work on the Bitwise South Stadium stage. This free event starts at 3 p.m.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.