Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in and around Fresno.
• The Fig Garden Women’s Club will hold a Rummage Sale Friday and Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. Check out clothes, household items, furniture, tools, garden items, art, appliances, old costume jewelry, and accessories.
• The 2018 Fresno Film Festival kicks off Friday evening at the Tower Theatre. This year’s festival will feature exclusive programs of award-winning movies from all over the world, including filmmaker appearances and Q&A sessions. General admission is $10 per program, but you can buy a festival pass good for all programs at $50.
• Fresno Underground Art will host a Día de los Muertos Art Show starting at 5 p.m. at Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Co. in downtown Fresno. There will be art, music, food, beer, and more. This all-ages event is free.
• Dulce UpFront and Arte Américas present Dia De Muertos: Luna y La Muerte. From 5 to 9 p.m. enjoy the Cala Gala featuring a handmade market place, food trucks, face painting, outdoor altars, Aztec dancers, samba, and folklorico. Admission is $5 for adults and $1 for kids under 12 years of age.
• Cake will take the stage for a Vote Like Hell Party at the Historic Crest Theatre. The show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets cost $40 each.
• Saturday is Free Museum Day! Enjoy free admission to museums throughout the Central Valley. A list of all 18 participating museums in Madera, Fresno, Tulare, and Kings counties can be found at www.fresnomuseums.com.
• The Old Town Flea Market will take over the Clovis Rodeo Grounds Saturday and Sunday. The fun starts at 8 a.m. Tickets are $5-$10.
• Get a jump on your holiday shopping at the Fresno High Flea from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. As always, the Flea is family friendly and free to attend. Bring non-perishable food to give to the EOC Youth Shelter.
• The Cat House on the Kings will hold its twice yearly Open House from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Enjoy guided tours of the 12-acre cat rescue and sanctuary plus music, food, and more. Admission is a donation for The Cat House on the Kings (cash/check, canned cat food, dry cat food, litter, paper towels, bleach, pine cleaner, etc.)
• Enjoy Churros and Beer at Tactical OPS Brewing in Clovis from 5 to 9 p.m. Rubia’s Gourmet Churros will be in attendance with a mix of gourmet churro creations plus tacos and elote bowls.
• The Killer Dueling Pianos will put on a family-friendly show at 1 p.m. at Engelmann Cellars. Bring your chairs or blankets and enjoy food, music, and wine.
• Good Company for Christmas, presented by the Good Company Players, is a delightful smorgasbord of holiday cheer, old and new. Show starts at 2 p.m. Tickets are $20.
• WRESTLING. Need I say more? Just: 4:30 p.m. at Full Circle Brewing Co. All ages. Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at the door.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.
Latest posts by FresYes Writing Team (see all)
- Get Ready to Explore: FresYes’s Complete Guide to Fresno’s best Flea Markets - April 30, 2019
- Meet the Women DJs who are Shaking Up The Central Valley - April 29, 2019
- Sycamore Island: Take a Nature Break Close to Home - April 26, 2019