Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in and around Fresno.
• ZooBoo starts at 5 p.m. at Fresno Chaffee Zoo. Enjoy trick-or-treating throughout the zoo at dusk, get lost in the hay maze, get up close with Education Animal Ambassadors, dance the night away to kid-friendly music at Dracula’s Disco, play carnival games, and win prizes at Game Lane. This event will happen Saturday night, as well. Click here for ticket info.
• The Ted C. Wills Community Theatre Presents The Haunted Yard, a Spooktacular Event taking place from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The Haunted Yard Tours also provide a family-friendly environment called “The Chicken Coop,” which includes carnival games, candy, arts & crafts, and more. Daily tours are $3 (cash only).
• Ballis Glass will hold a 1 Year Anniversary Party from 6 to 10 p.m. This is a free event for the whole family. They will be blowing glass throughout the evening, and a glass pumpkin patch will be set up. There will be a food truck and adult beverages as well as live music.
• See the 1973 classic horror film The Exorcist on the big screen at the historic Crest Theatre. Doors open at 7 p.m.; movie starts at 8 p.m. Admission is $6.
• Celebrate Fresno’s monthly Motown Night’s 4 Year Anniversary at Strummer’s. Featuring a live performance from The Licorice Pimps as well as DJs Green Giant, Nesto, and Dog Plasma. Doors open at 8 p.m. Admission is $5. This is a 21+ only event.
• The 44th annual ClovisFest, a free, family-friendly outdoor festival that spans up and down Pollasky Ave., will begin at 8 a.m. Saturday and Sunday in Old Town Clovis. Both days, the event will kick off with the Hot Air Balloon Fun Fly. Balloons take off from the Clovis Rodeo Grounds between 6:45 a.m. to 7:15 a.m.
• The Holiday Boutique will hold a Holiday Open House at 10 a.m. This boutique is volunteer-run and 100% of all proceeds benefit Valley Children’s. Enjoy the festivities, refreshments, door prizes, and more.
• See John Carpenter’s Halloween on the big screen at the historic Crest Theatre. Doors open at 7 p.m.; movie starts at 8 p.m. Admission is $6.
• The Fresno Zombie Society hosts the official Tower Theatre Halloween Bash starting at 9 p.m. There will be a DJ, themed drinks, a costume party, and more.
• Storytelling for Change features original poetry and tells the story of Japanese Americans incarcerated during WWII. Readings begin at 2 p.m. at Fresno Soap Co. Tickets benefit the Yonsei Memory Project and Fresno Arts Council.
• Pups & Suds: A Spooktacular Night in the Garden will begin at 5 p.m. at Gazebo Gardens Nursery. Dogs are welcome, and costumes are encouraged. Admission is $10. All proceeds benefit Fresno Humane Society’s medical fund.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.