For years, Christmas has ruled the Happiest Place on Earth. From the decorations, to the food, to the general merriment that comes from celebrating a pretty great holiday at a pretty great place, Christmas time at Disneyland really is a special treat.
But in the last couple of years, a different holiday has taken over and is now the must-visit event at the resort.
Halloween time has steadily been growing at the resort, not just in its themed offerings but in its duration and location. You can now celebrate Halloween at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure from the first week of September through the end of October.
Take a look at what the Disneyland Resort has to offer guests craving some semi-spooky Halloween fun.
When it comes to décor, it really is hard to beat Christmas. With garland stretching across Main Street, light-up icicles on Sleeping Beauty Castle, and an enormous tree in Town Square, Disneyland is transformed into a winter wonderland every year.
But take a look at what Halloween brings to the table: bats, spiders, cars in costumes, a Headless Horseman, and literally thousands of pumpkins, both real and not-so-real.
Recognizing that food is a large part of the holiday experience, the Disney Parks Blog has taken to publishing a list of all the Halloween snacks available during the season. If you’re like me, you basically see this list as a challenge.
If you’ve been in the parks recently, you know that the standard park churro is basically a thing of the past. The new thing is churros in every flavor imaginable. For Halloween, you’ll want to check out the Pumpkin Spice Churro with cream cheese frosting, the Maleficent Churro covered with chocolate cookie crumbles blended with colored sugar, and the Sour Apple Churro. Click here to see where these churros are found.
Other Halloween treats include:
- Pumpkin Spice Mickey Beignets (Mint Julep Bar)
- Orange Sugar Skull Pot de Crème (Rancho del Zocalo)
- Graveyard Cupcake and Cruella de Vil Brownie (Jolly Holiday Bakery)
- Halloween Hot Dog with spicy meatballs, cheese sauce, and oven-roasted tomatoes (Refreshment Corner)
- Spider Parfait, which is chocolate cake, vanilla and chocolate pudding, and ganache (Galactic Grill)
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding (Pacific Wharf Café in DCA)
- ACE Pumpkin Hard Cider and Karl Strauss Oktoberfest Beer (Bayside Brews in DCA)
- Caramel Apple Smoothie (Schmoozies in DCA)
Attraction overlays are definitely a thing now at the Disneyland Resort. During Halloween time, you can visit:
- Haunted Mansion Holiday (Haunted Mansion)
- Ghost Galaxy (Space Mountain)
- Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree (Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, DCA)
- Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween (Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters, DCA)
- Guardians of the Galaxy—Monsters After Dark (Guardians of the Galaxy, DCA)
Halloween is now through Oct. 31
As you can see, Halloween is really starting to become the must-visit holiday season at the Disneyland Resort. (I didn’t even touch on Mickey’s Halloween Party, the pay-extra event that sells out every Halloween season).