Latest posts by Natali Carrera (see all)
- Crave Cookie Co. Delivers the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever, Piping Hot to Your Door - September 5, 2019
- KLSD Celebrates Opening of New Downtown Retail Shop - August 19, 2019
- Mad Duck’s 3rd Location is Now Open In Northwest Fresno - August 14, 2019
Living in the Taco Capital, Fresnans are lucky to have tacos available on numerous street corners throughout the city. Sometimes, however, you want to go out for tacos and have a place to sit and relax while you eat, as well as a wide variety of meat and filling options to choose from—like those you enjoy from your favorite taco truck.
Bocca Taqueria, a newly opened Tower District restaurant, satisfies both of those needs!
Menu options are plentiful
Bocca Taqueria is located at 568 E. Olive Avenue in the former Castillo’s location. Their menu offers a whopping 16 different meat choices for taco lovers to enjoy. From popular favorites like asada and al pastor, to less common, specialty choices like suadero (aka “rose meat,” a flavorful cut of beef neck) and cachete (beef cheek), there are options for all.
Bocca offers waited service in two dining areas with updated, modern décor. The environment is casual and family friendly.
My husband and I recently visited Bocca for the first time, and really enjoyed the food and experience. Here are some of the highlights from our visit:
- Salsa Flights for $3.99. You can try six different types of super flavorful and fresh, house-made salsa. On the day we went, we were served pineapple habanero, fresh red tomato, crushed peanut, molcajete, green tomatillo, and pumpkin seed salsa. Every single one of them was good; however, I enjoyed the molcajete best and my husband loved the peanut salsa. Chip refills were provided at no additional cost.
- Mulitas, a cross between a street taco and a cheese quesadilla. These tasty, melty stacks of deliciousness are available with al pastor (pork), chuleta (pork chop), bistec (steak), ribeye, arrachera (skirt steak) or pollo (chicken). I had an arrachera mulita and have been craving another since the moment I finished eating it.
- Choriqueso, another hybrid dish, is a hearty appetizer featuring melted cheese and crumbled chorizo, and is served with corn or flour tortillas.
- Pricing. All menu prices are fairly reasonable, especially given the quality and selection of ingredients. Depending on how hungry you are, you’ll likely want to piece together 2-4 items to create a full meal, but at $2.75-$4 a pop, the total cost is very inline with, if not slightly below, most casual, sit-down restaurants.
Where to find Bocca Taqueria
Though it’s been open just over a month, Bocca has already garnered a solid 4-star average on Yelp and 4.4 star average on Facebook. Reviewers point out how much they enjoyed the multitude of salsa and meat choices, and how good the asada and ribeye are.
If you’re looking for some tasty tacos in a pleasant, sit-down atmosphere and friendly customer service, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with Bocca Taqueria. I recommend putting them on your “to try” list and visiting soon!
568 E. Olive Ave.
Fresno, CA 93728
Hours: Closed Sun and Mon. Open Tues-Sat 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Find them on Facebook here