Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some fun suggestions for events happening in Fresno and beyond.
• It’s Latin Music Night at ApCal featuring Chelada playing Old School, R&B, Funk, Tejano, and Cumbias. Music starts at 7 p.m. Expect dancing, food, wine, cigars, and more. Admission is $10 in advance and $15 at the gate.
• See The Aquabats, Kepi Ghoulie, and Dog Party at 6 p.m. at Strummer’s. Tickets for this all-ages show are $23.
• Nights in the Plaza Paz presents August, a blend of Latin, Pop, R&B, and more. Enjoy a beautiful night of music under the stars at Arte Américas. Doors open a 7 p.m., music starts at 8 p.m. Admission is $12 for adults/$5 for kids under age 10.
• At 8 p.m., it’s the monthly Fulton Live party in downtown Fresno. The “End of Summer” party will take place across a number of venues. Click through for a list of performances.
• Enjoy a weekend of LGBTQ films during the Reel Pride Film Festival Friday through Sunday. Click here for festival itinerary.
• Take a tour of downtown Fresno’s public art with Girl Scout Miranda Deis from 10 a.m. to noon. Meet across the street from the Downtown Fresno Partnership before making your way up Fulton Street through the Mural District. All ages welcome.
• Celebrate Oktoberfest at the Tioga-Sequoia Beer Garden. From noon to 11 p.m., there will be German-inspired beers, food, music (polka), and fun festival games. Admission is free.
• Sudz in the City returns to downtown Fresno Saturday. The event will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at Cultural Arts District Park.
• The 8th Annual Clovis Night Out will take place at Sierra Meadows Park, on the corner of Sierra/Temperance in Clovis, from 4 to 8:30 p.m. There will be local vendors, emergency and gov’t vehicle displays, free bounce houses, food booths, live music, and fireworks.
• FresYes Realty (yes, THIS FresYes!) will host a free Movie in the Park at 5 p.m. at the park behind GB3 at Palm and Nees. The movie is “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” and there will be food, vendors, entertainment and more.
• Donna Mott of Ooh De Lolli Kitchen Works and Fine Edibles along with Megan Harris of Nutmeg and Thyme Bakery will host a pop-up bakery at 10 a.m. at The Vintage Market at 601.
• It’s Sunday Funday at Playland hosted by JDRF Northern California. From noon to 3 p.m., meet, visit, and play games with other Type 1 Diabetes families in the Fresno community.
What else is going on this weekend? Add your event to the comments.