- Ways to Celebrate Loved Ones & Support Local Right Now - May 21, 2020
- FresYes Car Scavenger Hunt Wrap Up & Weekly List Archive - May 15, 2020
- Let Local Businesses Help You Make Mother’s Day 2020 Memorable - May 6, 2020
If you’ve been reading my weekly posts for a few months or more, you’ve probably caught on to the fact that my family and I love exploring the many offerings our Valley has to offer in the way of food, education and entertainment. Whenever I go somewhere new (often just new to me) I try to document the things I see with pictures and make mental notes about key details I think other local families would want to know when deciding whether to visit a place themselves.
Four years ago, I wrote a post on my personal blog sharing 20+ fun things to do in the Fresno (and nearby surrounding) area during the summer, but I’ve realized that sadly, in many ways that list is now outdated. (Adding an update to my to-do list now…) Furthermore, when referencing the list I was thinking there’d be more activities that would translate for spring, too – but really, many were summer exclusive activities.
So, I’m turning to you my FresYes friends, to help me compile the most amazing, fantastical and fun list of things we should all be enjoying with our family and friends THIS Spring! And, yes – I am going to reward you for your assistance!
Here’s how this is going to work (aka contest rules):
I need your help compiling a list, and for every genuine idea/suggestion, you will receive an entry to win a fabulous FresYes t-shirt AND a $25 gift card to the amazing new Bulldog Burger Bistro. (Yes, the place with burgers piled high with bacon and fries smothered in melted jalapeno popper dip!)
1. I want your ideas for the best, must-see/must-try activities to do in the Central Valley for Spring. You can leave your ideas here on the blog in the comments section OR on our FresYes Facebook in the comment section for this specific post. Please leave a separate comment for each idea. (No need to comment the same idea on both the blog and Facebook, we’ll only count one entry per idea.)
2. For an additional entry, share with us a photo of you partaking in your suggested activity. (Please note if you do choose to share a photo, I may use it in an upcoming post in which I publish that compiled list, so please only share a photo if you’re ok with it being shared.)
3. Share this post! The little buttons at the top of this post make it easy to share through all of your favorite social networks. I want this list to be truly representative of the best activities from all kinds of perspectives and people, so please help me circulate this.
I will randomly select a winner and announce it in next week’s post, to publish Wednesday, March 18th so be sure to check back to see if you won!
Thank you in advance for your help – I can’t wait to explore even more of the Central Valley. There is always something new to see it seems!