Happy New Year!!!
I’m the lucky one who was able to wish you a Merry Christmas, and now a Happy New Year! Wow-I get to share my holidays with all of you FresYes readers! I feel honored. 🙂
So I’m curious, how many of you make New Year’s Resolutions? I’m guessing many people do. I’ve tried to look up the statistics, but one site will say one percentage, while another site will say a different percentage. So, somewhere between 43% and 70% of Americans make New Year’s Resolutions. (Pretty wide range, right? This is why I tell my college students to only trust reliable resources.) Then, according to New York Daily News, 80% of those who make resolutions for the new year, give up within the first 3 months. That’s encouraging, huh?
While I was looking up popular resolutions, I came across many lists that were playful and nontraditional, like this one.
Then there are the popular resolutions that people give up each year, which are these:
- Weight loss
- Improve finances
- Get a new job
- Healthier eating
- Manage stress better
- Stop/reduce smoking
- Improve a relationship
- Stop procrastinating
- Set time aside for self
- Start a new activity/hobby
- Improve my work habits
- Stop/reduce drinking alcohol
- Assertion/learn to say no.
I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions, but if I did, number 14 sounds like a good one for me. And number 13? I don’t drink enough! 😉 Seriously, though, I don’t make resolutions. However, I understand the idea behind them. It’s the start of a new year. It’s a time to make a fresh start. Say goodbye to the old and hello to the new! Not only that, but often times it’s helpful to make changes when something begins. For example, the start of a month, birthday, or in this case, year.
Since I don’t do resolutions, I have made some goals for myself for the year to come. I did the same thing last year, and my list was a little too generic. This year I’ve made a list of places I’d like to visit, which will then result in a post right here on FresYes! So look, it’s a win/win! 🙂 Also, I realize that this is a very small list, especially for a whole year, but smaller lists are easier for me to tackle. Why set myself up for failure, when I can just set myself up for success? 😉
Here are the top 6 places I’d like to visit this year.
- Yosemite-Can you believe that I still haven’t made it there yet?! Seriously! I’m a Fresno native and I’ve NEVER been to Yosemite. For reals. I’m doing it this year. I’m taking my kids to Yosemite this summer or Spring. These pictures are from my friend Allison. So pretty!
- The Big Trees in Sequoia-I’ve been here before, but it’s been a very long time. Almost 20 years in fact. I think my kids would just love the size of the trees, and I know I would love to re-visit, experiencing it with my kids for their first time. My friend Jen sent me these pictures from a trip a few years ago. See that pretty white stuff? Snow! I think we’ll go when it’s warmer out. 😉
- Meux Home-I remember visiting here as a child, in 3rd grade or so. Some wonderful history here, and I’d love to share it all with you!
- Historic Water Tower-Again, more history. I didn’t know that you could actually go inside! I’d love to see what’s inside, and to learn about the historical significance.
- The BreakFast Hut-This is a breakfast restaurant located downtown. I’ve been meaning to go there for a good year now, and just haven’t made it. I’m now making this a priority!
- See a movie at Warnors Theater-They’ve already posted their 2016 movie line up. The 3rd Thursday of each month they show a classic movie. The doors open at 6, and the movie starts at 7. Often times people dress up for the event, depending on the movie. It really is such fun!
So there it is. These places are either in Fresno (downtown in fact), or a short drive away. Isn’t it wonderful to have such great opportunities at our fingertips?
Now how about you? What are some places you’d like to visit around town?
Finally, I’d like to thank you guys for being with us this past year. Thank you for reading whatever posts I may have written. Thank you for your comments and encouraging words.
Here’s to a wonderful 2016 for you all! May blessings and love come your way.