Cinco de Mayo is all about celebrating Mexico’s victory over France in the Battle of Puebla, way back in 1862. While it might not be the biggest holiday in Mexico, in the United States, and especially here in Fresno, Cinco de Mayo has become a time to indulge in all things Mexican, from mariachi music to margaritas.
We’ve got some great things to this weekend. If you are one of those that jumps all in to Cinco de Mayo – we got you! If you are one of those that doesn’t – we got you too!
We here, happen to be up for the fiesta! We started this week out with a poll asking you who had the Best Tacos, the Best Burritos, and maybe lo más importante…
la mejor Margarita? (the best margarita).
The votes are flying in. Click HERE to take the poll yourself and see the results!
We’re going to do something different this week for the featured event. We’re going to feature all the great Cinco de Mayo events here in Fresno / Clovis AND for all of you other types, we’re featuring a pretty cool non Cinco de Mayo event.
FOR THE CINCO DE MAYO-ERS
Not sure that’s a word but we’re going for it!
There are quite a few great events happening. We’re going to try to list all of them but if we miss one, let us know. Heads up, some of these aren’t actually on May 5th.
- Cinco de Mayo at ApCal – two amazing bands that everyone is going to love! (and a very Special Guest!) We’re going to kick off the festivities with THE BAND AUGUST! These guys are a Valley favorite! If they don’t get you dancin’, you better check your pulse! Next up will be long time friends of ApCal — MONSANTO! These guys and gals are the REAL DEAL! From the Valley to the Bay area, Monsanto always draws big crowds with their sweet & spicy Latin tunes! Remember that I mentioned a Special Guest? If you watched The Voice on TV last season, then you’ll recognize the name Alyssa Witrado! She was on Team Gwen and is from right here in Fresno, CA! With millions of fans all over the world, this 19 yrs old up-n-coming Super Star is going to make her FIRST public performance on the ApCal Rock’n Ranch stage! https://apcalwine.com/events/cinco-de-mayo-concert
- Latin Trap Night at Strummers – Latin Trap/Reggaeton Party featuring music and visuals fueled by Anuel AA, J Balvin, Karol G, Messiah, Daddy Yankee, Bad Bunny, Bizarrap, Ozuna, Arcangel, Jhay Cortez + more http://www.strummersclub.com/shows/2023/5/5/latin-trap-night
- Fresno State Mariachi Festival – Fresno State is proud to announce the 2nd Annual Mariachi Festival will take place on May 6th at the Save Mart Center. This years festival features: Mariachi Los Camperos De Jesús “Chuy” Guzmán, Mariachi Los Reyes, Ana Barbara, and Majo Aguilar. https://savemartcenter.com/events/fresno-state-2nd-annual-mariachi-festival/
- Tap & Cellar – Beers for $5 Tacos for $3
- Full Circle Brewing – Michelada and 3 tacos for $13 on 5/5
- Tioga-Sequoia Beer Garden – Get ready to spice up your Cinco de Mayo celebrations at the Beer Garden! Join us for an epic fiesta on May 5th from 5 PM to 11 PM. The festivities kick off with a food truck and rounds of Loteria hosted by none other than Ray Ortiz, from 5 PM to 7 PM. And you won’t want to miss DJ 808, who will be spinning tunes during Loteria. But that’s not all! We’ve got several local vendors joining us, including ProMix559, Baking con Nanis, Lilyy’s Creations, Tierra y Corazón & Firme Wear. Don’t miss out on the fun – VAMOS! https://www.facebook.com/events/777183643810002/
- Tactical Ops Brewing – Sunday May 7th – Tac OPS brings you an event to celebrate Mexican Heritage the only way we know how: alcohol, chanclas, aqua net and three flower gel, and tacos. Gunny Reyes is going all in on this and is currently toiling away in the Tac OPS Laboratory working on some super secret drink especials for the occasion & it’s going to be sweet! El Trompo Tacos is cooking up excellent eats all day long! https://tacticalopsbrewing.square.site/events
FOR THE NON CINCO DE MAYO-ERS
We’re really sure that’s not a word, but at this point it’s too late.
It’s perfectly fine. We know it can be a little too much. Sometimes you need a little more refinement in your life, right? That’s why we’re also happy to feature
“A Night in the Garden“.
It’s at the Willow Garden’s Nursery in Clovis.
10428 N Willow Ave, Clovis, CA 93619
It’s their customer and community appreciation event. They’ll have food trucks, vendors, and a discount on all nursery purchases. It’s a wonderful 2- night event, May 4th and May 5th. You get to hang out in their gorgeous gardens with your friends and family. For those over 21, you’ll get a free wine glass! We love celebrating the spring planting season! If you’ve never been to the Willow Gardens Nursery it’s incredible, you’ll love this!
1840 22nd Ave Kingsburg, CA 93631
Open May 6th & 7th
1 – 4 PM
568 Ponderosa Way W, Madera, CA
Open May 6th
11 – 2 PM
Your Haiku for the Day:
Margaritas on the side.
Fiesta in my mouth.
- FresYes Interview: Dads Cookies - June 6, 2023
- The FresYes Totally Adoptable Pet of the Week! - June 6, 2023
- How to tell if your corn is low in K or N - June 5, 2023
Leave a Reply