The countdown to Fresno’s 17th annual Rogue Festival is on with just two days left to go! This year’s festival runs from Friday, March 6th to Saturday, March 14th. Never been to Rogue Festival? No worries – I have all the info you need to learn about it, make a plan and enjoy this super special event.
Let’s start with the basics.
What IS the Rogue Festival?
Rogue Fest is an annual, multi-day event that takes place in Fresno, modeled after “fringe festivals” of the Bay Area and other large cities. The idea is to give independent performers and artists of all types the opportunity to share their talent with the city, and festival goers a chance to see a wide variety unique, original performances and acts in person.
What types of performances are included in Rogue Fest?
So many! Including theater, music, dance, spoken word, puppetry, magic acts, performance art and physical theater. The Rogue Festival is a “non-juried” festival, which means performers apply to participate and their acts are selected for inclusion based on a lottery system. The performances are not judged or reviewed by the Festival, all Festival goers will have the chance to see performances in their purest form and all types of performers have an equal chance at being a part of the event.
What is the cost to attend?
Ticket prices to each performance vary, but are typically reasonable (around $12/ticket on average). All ticket sales go back to the performers. In previous years, ticket sales reached over $50,000 which means this five figure amount was pumped back into our local arts community. (Yay!)
The Rogue Festival requires all performance attendees to purchase a $5 wristband (this $5 per person fee supports the Rogue Festival itself and helps keep this awesome event happening each year). This one-time per year fee is in addition to ticket prices per performance, but it only has to be paid once per festival year.
How are tickets purchased?
Tickets are purchased online or at the door of each performance. To purchase tickets online, visit the performance list on the Rogue website, and purchase tickets to the performance(s) you’d like to see.
How do I know what shows are taking place when, and where?
Check out the performance calendar on Rogue’s website, here. This year’s venues are:
- California Arts Academy – Severence Theater
- Dianna’s Studio of Dance
- Hart’s Haven Used Bookstore
- Spectrum Art Gallery
- Studio 74
- Tent of Tales
- The Revue
- The Tower Theater
- Tower Lounge
- Veni Vidi Vici
- ViSTA Theater
All are located in or near the Tower District.
What else should I know before I go?
- All performances start exactly on time, and some will not yet you enter the performance late, so please arrive on time.
- Since Rogue Fest performances are non-juried the artists and Rogue Fest organizers would love to know your thoughts about the performances you see! After you attend, please consider sharing your thoughts on the artist’s page. (You can access them listed by performance here.)
- Please be considerate and be sure to silence your cell phones and smart watches before entering each performance venue.
- If you want Fresno to continue to be home to a thriving, local art scene, attending the Rogue Festival is a great way to support that!
For additional information about performances, scheduling information, venue locations and sponsorship opportunities, please visit the Rogue Festival website here.
- Love Local Produce? Food 4 Thought will make your week! - July 9, 2020
- Fresyes Food: Amazing Mexican Frozen Treats from Tagin’s Snacks - June 30, 2020
- Sweet Thistle Farms Offers Beautiful Outdoor Experiences - June 18, 2020