Today is the day people!! FresYes 2016 kicks off at 1pm today at Tioga Sequoia Brewing Company located in Dowtown Fresno.
FresYes Fest is a celebration of another great year of locally made craft beer from Tioga Sequoia Brewing Company and all things great in and around Fresno. Founded in 2007, Tioga Sequoia walked the walked and firmly planted their flag in downtown Fresno in 2010. They brew all of their own beers and have flavors that are unique to the Central Valley. Through their beer-brewing our glasses and love for great craft beer stay full, yet more importantly, they help raise awareness and resources for the preservation of the Southern Sierra Nevada Mountains – The founders original mission (cool right?!)
Here are 5 things you must knows about FresYes Fest 2016:
1 – There will be plenty of awesome food trucks from around the Fresno area including:
- Dusty Buns Bistro
- Benaddiction LLC
- El Premio Mayor
- La Elegante
- Meltdown Bistro
- Taste Kitchen
- Flat Bottom Grills
- Pita Kabob
- Lumpia Hut
- Smokin’ Burrito
- Cowboy Shaman
- Jay’s Specialty Ice Cream
- Bosca Wood-Fired Pizza
- Smoke House Catered Meats
2 – The specialty beer line up is AMAZING:
- Churro Stout (Milk stout infused with vanilla beans and cinnamon sticks)
- Peche Noir (Dark Stout with peaches)
- Abuelita’s Chocolate Cake (Milk Stout infused with Equidorian cocoa nibs, chiles and cinnamon sticks.
- Piece of Cake – Dessert Stout
- Plus all your Tioga-Sequoia Favorites
Also of note is a special FresYes Tribute Beer commemorating Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin for her commitment to revitalizing Downtown Fresno, the “Swearengin Strawberry Blonde Ale.”
3 – There are great bands lined up for the event:
- Cloudship (2:00 – 2:45)
- 51 Aces (3:15 – 4:30
- AC Myles (5:00 – 6:15)
- Let’s Go Bowling (7:15 – 8:30) You can relive your Sadie Hawkins’ Dance days from the 80s!
4 – The Where, When, Etc :
- Where: Tioga Sequoia Brewing Company: 745 Fulton St Fresno, CA 93721
- When: From 1pm – 11pm
- Admission is Free but you’ll need to pay for beer and food (believe me it is well worth it!)
- There will be parking all around, plus meters are free on Saturdays!
5 – FresYes Fest is sure to be a great time!
There will be good beer, good food, and good entertainment. The best part of FresYes Fest is that it is being held downtown! There is a renewed interest in downtown and it is great to see it being revitalized. If you’re looking for a fun event this Saturday, look no further than Fulton and Inyo streets. Take a date, friend, or spouse and enjoy all that FresYes Fest 2016 has to offer!
PS – Remember you must be 21+ to drink and you should do so responsibly. Please do not drink and drive! If you need a ride to or from the event there are great ride-sharing companies such as Uber and if its your first time using uber you can ride for free (up to $20.00) by using the code “uberfresyes“